The Student Room Group
University of York
York
You might get shot at manchester. :frown:

Also, apparently there's a disproportionate number of gremlins roaming the streets of manchester and they like to eat students. :eek3:

So I'd vote York.
University of York
York
Oh, and my philosophy lecturer is good and you might get him.
He's from Austria and if you lie back and shut your eyes during lectures it really does sound like Arnold Schwartzenegger is talking to you.

That's pretty cool. :biggrin:
Reply 3
We have a nice physics building. It overlooks the lake.

Physics and philosophy sounds a peculiar combination :tongue:. I suppose philosophy goes with anything though... the study of thought, or something? :confused:

Go to open days to both, Manchester is more urbany and probably more nightlife, York is more villagey and more college spirit. :smile: I mean, we've still got 3 proper nightclubs and all your usual stuff, York is just not as massive as somewhere like Manchester.

I know living in Leicester for the first 18 years of my life I hate living in a big homogenous smoggy ****ty city. Leicester really is crap, and I just am biased against any relatively large city now :smile:
Reply 4
Oh come now, Leicester is pretty nice in parts, when you come from a place you always see the bad parts. I come from (near enough) York, and would never have considered applying there. I'm from a pretty small town and Leics is fine, Manchester on the other hand scares the hell out of me, its huge.
Reply 5
I must be hanging out in the wrong part of Leicester then :smile: I just think it smells like sewage and the shops are homogenous and there's no point to ever actually go into the town because there's nothing interesting there except shops.

Though, having said that, I do like the Museums. But once you've seen them so many times it does get repetitive :tongue:.
Reply 6
Leicester seemed alright when I visited but it has just about the worst road system I've ever been in. My god that's confusing!

Latest

Trending

Trending