The Student Room Group

When are your Year 11 mock exams?

Hello everybody :smile:
I'm going into Year 11 in September and was wondering when current year 11s will have their mock exams or when past year 11 students have had their mock exams. Earlier today, I was checking my school website to see the term dates and was surprised when I noticed my Year 11 mock exams were going to be in late October (before half-term). I do understand that the dates are subject to change but this is extremely early and all the other dates seem pretty accurate/reasonable, so could this date just be a placeholder that will change when the actual date is known? I'm happy with the grades I achieved in my year 10 mocks but I really want to properly revise this time and aim to get higher grades however I don't know if a month is enough time to revise all my subjects.
Currently, I don't really have a lot of time to revise. I've been abroad since the second week of my summer holidays and will return to England 2 days before school starts. I've been doing art coursework over the summer and some ICT preparation work and don't think I have enough time to revise other subjects.

Tl;dr: I have very early mock exams so I won't have much time to revise due to coursework and being abroad. I'm just wondering when year 11 mocks usually take place, if starting them in October is unusual and if there (hopefully) is a possibility that my school website is wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

that's strange lol, mine took place in around january
Original post by missaxo
that's strange lol, mine took place in around january

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this is unusual :redface: January sounds much more reasonable than October!
Original post by Mr...
At our school the last Y11s did there's around December/January

Posted from TSR Mobile

My school calls our mock exams PPEs (Pre-public examinations). Our normal mocks are called PPE1 and the re-sits are called PPE2. The website says our PPE1s will be during October but our PPE2s will be during January. For our Year 10 PPE1s, our head of year told us that if we failed to achieve our predicted grades, we would re-sit the exam in our PPE2s. I highly doubt that the school changed the meaning of the PPE2 from re-sit examinations to a second pair of mock examinations but nonetheless, I'm a little worried :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MythicalSprinkle
I'm going into Year 11 in September and was wondering when current year 11s will have their mock exams or when past year 11 students have had their mock exams. Earlier today, I was checking my school website to see the term dates and was surprised when I noticed my Year 11 mock exams were going to be in late October (before half-term). I do understand that the dates are subject to change but this is extremely early and all the other dates seem pretty accurate/reasonable, so could this date just be a placeholder that will change when the actual date is known? I'm happy with the grades I achieved in my year 10 mocks but I really want to properly revise this time and aim to get higher grades however I don't know if a month is enough time to revise all my subjects.
Currently, I don't really have a lot of time to revise. I've been abroad since the second week of my summer holidays and will return to England 2 days before school starts. I've been doing art coursework over the summer and some ICT preparation work and don't think I have enough time to revise other subjects.

Tl;dr: I have very early mock exams so I won't have much time to revise due to coursework and being abroad. I'm just wondering when year 11 mocks usually take place, if starting them in October is unusual and if there (hopefully) is a possibility that my school website is wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They were in january when i was in year 11, how could you have learnt enough by october for a mock exam? It sounds like a mistake to me.
Reply 5
October. Have been revising everyday this holiday. :biggrin:
Original post by Hayley Williams
They were in january when i was in year 11, how could you have learnt enough by october for a mock exam? It sounds like a mistake to me.

This is exactly what I'm thinking. We still have many topics to cover in most of our subjects and giving us less than a month to revise is strange. They gave us more notice for our Year 10 PPEs.

Original post by web-girl
October. Have been revising everyday this holiday. :biggrin:

Wow, so maybe this isn't a mistake... Did you get told when your mocks were before the holidays? I just stumbled upon this today and I don't think everyone in my year will see this on the school website, so that's worrying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hiya wow that's quite early!!I checked mine and its nov30 till dec11 two weeks and yeh but r u sure they r confirmed?do u remember the last yr11s mock dates?
Reply 8
At my school they are normally the last two weeks before the christmas holidays

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did mine October/November time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Will any of your year sit exams in November? If so, schools occasionally bring mocks forward if a high percentage of students are sitting early exams/resits in November.
Original post by skhan99
Hiya wow that's quite early!!I checked mine and its nov30 till dec11 two weeks and yeh but r u sure they r confirmed?do u remember the last yr11s mock dates?

No, it's not confirmed but the school website is usually really accurate about these dates. I'm pretty sure that last year, the year 11s sat their mocks around January as we were told to keep quiet near certain rooms and corridors of the school at that time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JoshuaE
Will any of your year sit exams in November? If so, schools occasionally bring mocks forward if a high percentage of students are sitting early exams/resits in November.

Well, not to my knowledge but no-one in the school really sits early exams, except for the RE short course at the end of Year 10. I guess a few people may want to re-sit the RE exam however I don't see the point of making the entire year take early exams due to a small number of us wanting to re-sit. There may be some subjects which students have to sit early however the majority of them are usually taken in May.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did my yr11 mocks in mid December :smile:

Wow, so maybe this isn't a mistake... Did you get told when your mocks were before the holidays? I just stumbled upon this today and I don't think everyone in my year will see this on the school website, so that's worrying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

We had year 10 mocks and we were told we'll have more in October so were were given resources, past papers and revision guides in an attempt to improve. So in October we'll do another one.
I just rang school and they said yr 11 have a English and maths at the beginning of November. As I was booking a holiday, not now. Hope this helps. Xx
Hi my daughter will be in yr 11 next year and was wondering if there any exams in mid november as we have got a very special birthday and want to book Disney for the 18th til the 3rd of December. She goes to the Welsh school can anyone advise. Thankyou.
For us: November 19th - 30th
For us: November 27th-December 7th
We had our “mock mocks” before half term in Early October. And now we have our actual mocks starting next Monday 26th

Quick Reply

Latest