The Student Room Group

Reading Festival First Timer

Hiya, I'm going to Reading fest for the first time, and wondered what time would be best to get there on the thursday?
Me and my friends have heard different things, such as more bags are searched in the morning etc, and we're 17 and want to drink sooo..
Any other advice for a first timer at reading or any festival is appreciated!!
Reply 1
Get there mid moring 11ish . Avoids the queues early avoids the families/lazy (lazier) teenagers in the afternoon
Get a fake ID orrrr older mates. Dont tak alcohol in bu,y it from the town (like coop) when you get there. As long as you either hide it if you look innocent and young or look like a 20+ y/o you will be fine
Reply 2
Original post by mp2305
Hiya, I'm going to Reading fest for the first time, and wondered what time would be best to get there on the thursday?
Me and my friends have heard different things, such as more bags are searched in the morning etc, and we're 17 and want to drink sooo..
Any other advice for a first timer at reading or any festival is appreciated!!

I took alcohol in fine last year when I went. I'd recommend filling a plastic water bottle with vodka - they will just think its water or something and probably won't take it away.

Quick Reply

Latest