The Student Room Group

Any current scholarships out there for students in England? :)

Hiya

Just curious, so please can I have no flames. I have been advised by many family/friends and staff at student finance/the job center (on ESA due to anxiety, aspergers, dyspraxia, cowdens syndrome too) to apply for scholarships as due to my various disabilities and health problems and family situation am on a low income, I start university next month, but how would I go about applying for a scholarship I tried my university, but they gave me no advice... thanks again!
Original post by Samwin
Hiya

Just curious, so please can I have no flames. I have been advised by many family/friends and staff at student finance/the job center (on ESA due to anxiety, aspergers, dyspraxia, cowdens syndrome too) to apply for scholarships as due to my various disabilities and health problems and family situation am on a low income, I start university next month, but how would I go about applying for a scholarship I tried my university, but they gave me no advice... thanks again!

I m afraid there aren't many scholarships about for disabilities that I ve ever been able to find (i m dyspraxic and dyslexic myself) , if your university itself doesnt offer any you could try this search to see if there's any local ones https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Find-Benefits-Grants but otherwise i dont have any ideas, sorry.
Reply 2
Do they mean Disabled Students Allowance (DSA)? This is designed to give you adjustments and equipment which attempt to iron out any particular problems you might have with uni life and studying.

There are no specific disability scholarships/bursaries that I know of. If you're from a low income household, many universities will automatically give you a bursary. You need to have ticked the box on your Student Finance application, which allows them to share your financial information with other organisations.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Hello :smile: I have DSA yes, and thanks for that clair :smile: I appreciate it!

Quick Reply

Latest