The Student Room Group

Are my GCSE grades good enough to get me into vet school?? help! :s

Hi, I would really appreciate some opinions!!
I'm worried that my grades won't make me competitive enough to get me a place to study vet med, as I know many applicants have almost straight A*s. My B in Physics means that I won't get into Nottingham and one of the other colleges- will this grade have any other implications on my application?

I got 4A*, 5A and a B ~
A*: Biology, Chemistry, Global Perspectives and Spanish
A : French(getting remarked -1 UMS off A*), Maths, History, Eng Lit, Eng Lang
B: Physics (hopefully being remarked also, as I'm 5 UMS off A)

My work experience portfolio is growing quickly, and I've done numerous science related competitions, as well as horse care/riding tests... Should I be worried about my GCSE grades??

:s-smilie:
Vet School GCSE Requirements

Firstly, congrats on your grades, good job :smile: With regards to where you can apply, Surrey also want an A in phys sadly, but other than that you're fine. Hopefully the physics goes up with a remark anyway. You don't need straight A*s to apply, and I know people that have got in without any A*s at all. Just make sure you ace your A Levels and continue getting work experience.

Best of luck!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Little Tail Chaser

Firstly, congrats on your grades, good job :smile: With regards to where you can apply, Surrey also want an A in phys sadly, but other than that you're fine. Hopefully the physics goes up with a remark anyway. You don't need straight A*s to apply, and I know people that have got in without any A*s at all. Just make sure you ace your A Levels and continue getting work experience.

Best of luck!

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser

Best of luck!

Damn you're quick at replying.. beat me to it!
I got into Bristol with those GCSE grades, you'll be fine! Like LTC said, just make sure you do well in your A-Levels and get as much work experience as you can.
Reply 5
Original post by Stripes23
I got into Bristol with those GCSE grades, you'll be fine! Like LTC said, just make sure you do well in your A-Levels and get as much work experience as you can.

Thank you so much, I feel a lot better now!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending