The Student Room Group

Applying to UWC through UWCGB

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Daniellaowen
We should make a facebook group!

Yes! That's a great idea. Shall we start adding each other and then someone could make a group chat?
The group chat is up and running so add me asap so that I can add you to the chat. We're already discussing a lot
Original post by Calsiwm_Silicad
Norway is also reeeeeaaally remote - 50 minutes by car to the nearest town (ngl I love the sound of that!) I've lived in a city my entire life so I might like a bit of secludedness .. I ruled out Maastricht as I'm not too keen on being in a school of 2000 people! Costa Rica due to the Spanish element and Pearson because only people from certain areas of scotland and north wales can go there next year .

Which are your seven?

Maastricht has about 800 students if I'm not mistaken, and the MYP and DP-programmes are in a separate building from the primary programme. Basically, you'd go to school with about 400 students, 200 of which are residential students, It's not as big as you think.

Feel free to contact me with any further inquiries regarding my school!
Hey not sure if this thread is still active but I've got an interview on the 12/13th if anyone has the same!
Original post by Spittle
Hey not sure if this thread is still active but I've got an interview on the 12/13th if anyone has the same!

Yes me too!
Cool it's gonna be fun but I'm so nervous 🙈 do you know if we have to do discussions on current affairs because I read that somewhere but it doesn't say that on the information sheet?
Original post by Spittle
Cool it's gonna be fun but I'm so nervous 🙈 do you know if we have to do discussions on current affairs because I read that somewhere but it doesn't say that on the information sheet?

I would say definitely keep up with current affairs because there is a lot happening in the world right now, so I'm assuming the UWCGB team will plan activities accordingly and would want to see that you're aware of things outside of your personal world :smile:
Hi, I have an interview at AC from the 14th-15th. :smile: Please could I be added to the group chat? Is it on here or Facebook-if Facebook, my name is Eli Rubies. Thanks!
Original post by elirubiesx
Hi, I have an interview at AC from the 14th-15th. :smile: Please could I be added to the group chat? Is it on here or Facebook-if Facebook, my name is Eli Rubies. Thanks!

Adding you now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by millielb

Thanks! I'm not in the group yet, but thank you
Original post by elirubiesx
Thanks! I'm not in the group yet, but thank you

I messaged you privately but I think you've got your requests setting set so that only friends of friends can add which means that I can't. Alternatively you could add me if you would prefer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I messaged you privately but I think you've got your requests setting set so that only friends of friends can add which means that I can't. Alternatively you could add me if you would prefer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhh right, sorry! I literally just changed my settings so that you can add/message me. I'd also be happy to add you, what's your Facebook name?:smile:

hey could someone please add me? got my interview 12-13th my fb name Is Neve Roberts
Hey guys no idea if this thread is still active! but ive been invited for a interview 12-13th and only just found the student room! just read through this whole thing and safe to say im now about a billion times more nervous! if you guys don't mind could one of you add me to the group! could defintily use some support!

but honeslty good luck to everyone who has their interviews this week xx
Original post by neve_roberts
Hey guys no idea if this thread is still active! but ive been invited for a interview 12-13th and only just found the student room! just read through this whole thing and safe to say im now about a billion times more nervous! if you guys don't mind could one of you add me to the group! could defintily use some support!

but honeslty good luck to everyone who has their interviews this week xx

Hey, I'm also on the 12th! We have a Facebook group so I can add you to that if you would like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
ahahah ****e i remember scrolling through this frickin ages ago tryna dig out some info on the colleges

gd vibes homies, hope we're all successful
Do we have any results guys? Just starting my application for this year, and it would be interesting to see who got in and who's going....
Original post by #normalstudent
Do we have any results guys? Just starting my application for this year, and it would be interesting to see who got in and who's going....

Heyy, I got a place at Changshu :smile: Good luck with your application, you should definitely start a 2016 thread if there isn't one already, because these guys helped a lot!

Hey there, great to see new people interested but weird to think it's a year since it all started ... We're still all good friends and are off to orientation tomorrow! I'm going to Mahindra College this August - if anyone wants any advice with regards to application or interviews or UWC in general I'm here to gladly help ! Good luck!!

After a slight change of plans I got a place at AC :smile: weird to see people applying for next year - it all went so quickly! good luck and feel free to ask any questions :smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending