The Student Room Group

Forum Mafia

Forum Mafia is a fun game where you use deceit, cunningness, persuasion and luck in order to win for your side.

This thread will merely be an introduction to the game, so that I can see if people are interested in playing it, after which I will create another thread for hosting the game. A co-host is appreciated, although I can manage on my own if no one offers.

How It Works:
You have two sides: the village and the mafia. The mafia has to kill all of the village members in order to win, and vice-versa. For each side, there are unique roles available.
For the purpose of this mafia game, I will stick only to basic roles, to make things easer. On the village side, we will have the:

Villager - A basic role with no special actions; during the day they help the town figure out who the mafia members could be.

Cop - An investigative role with special night actions; every night the cop can choose to investigate a player, and at the start of the day, they will find out whether the player is aligned with the village or mafia. The cop can choose to share his report or not with the rest of the village, however he cannot share reports once dead.

Doctor - A protective role with special actions; every night the doctor can choose to protect a player. If they target the same player as the mafia, the target will survive the mafia's hit and still be alive the next day.

On the mafia side, we will have the:
Mafia member - A basic role with no special actions; during the night the mafia will decide on who they want to kill that night.

Stalker - A mafia-sided detective role with special night actions; during the night the stalker can pick a player to stalk, and during the day they will discover the role of the player. They also vote on who to kill at night with the rest of the mafia.

Then we have the wild cards:
Killer - The killer has no alliances with either side, his job is to kill everyone in the game and be the last one standing.

How The Game Works:
There are two phases: DAY and NIGHT.
During the DAY, players decide on who they want to lynch, but they can also decide to lynch no one. Once a player is lynched, his/her role will be revealed and the DAY phase will end.

During the NIGHT, no one is allowed to discuss on the thread. Mafia members will receive a group PM (from me), that they can use to discuss who to kill. Once a target has been decided, the NIGHT phase will end. The target's role will be revealed if killed.
The game will start on the NIGHT phase, so mafia will kill someone and town can decide on what to do once the DAY phase has started. I would recommend turning invisibility on in your settings, so that no one will be able to see if you are currently active or not.

As mentioned before, this is an introduction thread, to see if anyone is interested in playing. Don't be intimidated by all the roles and mechanics, it's not hard at all and can be a very fun game to play.

Let me know if you have any questions (about the mechanics or roles or whatever you want), and if enough interest is generated, I'll create a new thread to host the game (probably tomorrow because it's late here).
Reply 1
Bump?
Original post by BookBird
Bump?

How will it work on here
But i am deffo playing :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by toonervoustotalk
How will it work on here
But i am deffo playing :biggrin:

Awesome! How it works is that I'll send a group PM to mafia members at the start of the game, and during the NIGHT phase, they'll use that PM to decide who they want to kill. You can send group PM's right? I never checked lol. During the DAY phase, everyone in the game who's still alive just talks about who was killed and discusses who they suspect or what should be the next course of action, whether someone should get lynched or not etc. I could link you to an example of a game in another forum: http://cheese.formice.com/forum/threads/tfmafia-9.62379/#post-2405754 (let me know if you can see it).
Reply 4
Bump

Quick Reply

Latest