The Student Room Group

How important is ICT GCSE and how does the marking in it work?

I'm in year 10 and I failed my ICT GCSE by not submitting all my coursework in. My teachers did not say when it was due in and I'm panicking and really REALLY stressed out... I feel like I'm gonna cry! (Not really but I want to.)
Please help... I need to know the importance of such a GCSE and how the marking works!
It's also been about 6 months or less since this incident and I'm moving up to year 11!
Thanks...
As far as im aware its not a nesscary gcse like english or maths (unless your looking to go into the i.t business) but the why things are going its bound ti be made nesscary eventually so getting it now is probably a good idea. The marking depends on which exam board it is that grades the course. When i did my gcse ict (2 yrs ago) it was something like 60% course work but now its probably like 40%
Reply 2
Original post by Gaming_Hippy
As far as im aware its not a nesscary gcse like english or maths (unless your looking to go into the i.t business) but the why things are going its bound ti be made nesscary eventually so getting it now is probably a good idea. The marking depends on which exam board it is that grades the course. When i did my gcse ict (2 yrs ago) it was something like 60% course work but now its probably like 40%

I'm using the AQA board... I really wanted to do well as I love technology and any other related subjects. I did finish all my coursework. Its just that I didn't submit all my work until it was too late...
Original post by YooSongWon
I'm using the AQA board... I really wanted to do well as I love technology and any other related subjects. I did finish all my coursework. Its just that I didn't submit all my work until it was too late...

Well if you get a second chance make sure to know when the hand in dates are.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
60% controlled assessment which is marked by teachers and moderated bt examiners, 40% exam which is quite easy tbf because you only need 60% for an A*.
That's for edexcel btw and I wouldn't say that it's very important.
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm in year 10 and I failed my ICT GCSE by not submitting all my coursework in. My teachers did not say when it was due in and I'm panicking and really REALLY stressed out... I feel like I'm gonna cry! (Not really but I want to.)
Please help... I need to know the importance of such a GCSE and how the marking works!
It's also been about 6 months or less since this incident and I'm moving up to year 11!
Thanks...

It's not important. Don't worry about it.
Reply 6
OK, one last thing. Do all schools have ICT as mandatory when in year 10 and do all schools have the same amount of GCSE lessons in year 10 and 11? Also, as a college student and as an adult how does this one GCSE effect my life? I'm guessing not a lot but still... Thanks! :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
OK, one last thing. Do all schools have ICT as mandatory when in year 10 and do all schools have the same amount of GCSE lessons in year 10 and 11? Also, as a college student and as an adult how does this one GCSE effect my life? I'm guessing not a lot but still... Thanks! :smile:

As of now the ict gcse isnt need for anything unrelated to an ict course its not mandatory in most schools for this reason
Reply 8
As of now the ict gcse isnt need for anything unrelated to an ict course its not mandatory in most schools for this reason

What should I do if I want to do ICT related work?
What should I do if I want to do ICT related work?

Get at least a c in ict
Reply 10
Get at least a c in ict

Oh ok... still, I am annoyed... Oh well
Oh ok... still, I am annoyed... Oh well

if your only year 10 don't you get a chance to repeat?
Reply 12
if your only year 10 don't you get a chance to repeat?

I don't know but I'm guessing no...

Quick Reply