The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Just graduated from Kent ask me anything

Just completed a degree in biology at Kent and will be starting a masters in September
Obviously anything about the science courses I'll know the most about but ask me anything and I'll do my best to answer such as nightlife etc. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

are there good weed dealers in kent?
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
No idea
How expensive is the on-campus store?
Reply 4
To be honest pretty expensive, there's a few good deals but you're better off going to sainsburys in town
Original post by summerks484
To be honest pretty expensive, there's a few good deals but you're better off going to sainsburys in town

thank you for your reply!

If you had to give some advice to us freshers, what would it be?
Just completed a degree in biology at Kent and will be starting a masters in September
Obviously anything about the science courses I'll know the most about but ask me anything and I'll do my best to answer such as nightlife etc. :smile:

Don't know if this relates but I'm going to study public health at university and I wanted to know if this course is very difficult like extremely hard?
Reply 7
Original post by oceansiz3
thank you for your reply!

If you had to give some advice to us freshers, what would it be?

As cliche as it sounds enjoy it while you can and try anything and make as many memories as you can
Also don't buy all the books they tell you to it really isn't worth it
Reply 8
Original post by Rajkhosah123
Don't know if this relates but I'm going to study public health at university and I wanted to know if this course is very difficult like extremely hard?

I have no idea what the course is like sorry but from my experience no matter how difficult it can get there is plenty of support from the university if you need it they will really help you
They will ease you into it so I wouldn't panic too much

what can you tell us about Medway?
what societies/clubs did you join and how did you lie about them? :biggrin: And what do you think about the teachers?
Reply 11
Original post by cherryred90s
what can you tell us about Medway?

Not much sorry, I was on the kent campus and I didn't know anyone who went to Medway
Reply 12
Original post by Sylvette
what societies/clubs did you join and how did you lie about them? :biggrin: And what do you think about the teachers?

I joined the Eliot committee in second year but I didn't seriously join any other societies
I signed up for a bunch doing freshers fayre but my course was quite heavy so I didn't have a lot of time to give, but I know loads of people who joined a whole range of committees from scuba diving to quid itch and they loved it :smile:
As for the lecturers I was pretty lucky the majority of mine were great, interesting and always willing to answer any questions you might have
Reply 13
Original post by pvcnt
Does all the clubs and bars really close at 2 AM?

Venue I think closes at 3am now and the bars vary in times across campus
If you're looking for a late night going into town is your best bet the taxis are cheap and I personally had more fun in town than in venue

1. What's your career goal?
2. Do you have a job?
3. Is the job in the biology field?
Reply 15
My career goal is research hopefully in parasites. I do have a job but it's not in the biology field it's just so I can afford my rent.
Reply 16

Hi, is there any drama groups which non-drama students can join?
Hey how good are the facilities in the science department?
Reply 18
Original post by jasmineo
Hi, is there any drama groups which non-drama students can join?

Yes, plenty :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by Cinnamon_Fairy
Hey how good are the facilities in the science department?

I'm not sure what you mean but the labs are great and the research that goes on there is world leading
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending