The Student Room Group

Cambridge Medicine Applicants 2016 - Colleges.

Hi Guys!!

I'm considering applying for Cambridge for 2016 entry medicine and I am wondering whether it is better to make an open application (and be allocated a college) or to make an application to a specific college.

By better I mean more likely to get in. I know about the pooling system but you have to do two separate interviews that way.

Does it mean if you make an application to a specific college are you more likely to be pooled and have to go through two interviews?

Thank you!!
Original post by hopefulmedic97
Hi Guys!!

I'm considering applying for Cambridge for 2016 entry medicine and I am wondering whether it is better to make an open application (and be allocated a college) or to make an application to a specific college.

By better I mean more likely to get in. I know about the pooling system but you have to do two separate interviews that way.

Does it mean if you make an application to a specific college are you more likely to be pooled and have to go through two interviews?

Thank you!!

Just apply to the college you like, don't try and strategise. Would you be more likely to be pooled? It entirely depends on the college you apply to and the strength of the other applicants to the college this year - you can't possibly know all these details so it's not worth thinking about. Note that not all people who are fished from the pool have to do a second interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rhetorical Hips
Just apply to the college you like, don't try and strategise. Would you be more likely to be pooled? It entirely depends on the college you apply to and the strength of the other applicants to the college this year - you can't possibly know all these details so it's not worth thinking about. Note that not all people who are fished from the pool have to do a second interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!!!! Yes I had decided that I was being silly trying to strategise too much and I'm just going to apply to the college I love.

Oh that's interesting. Do you know what proportion of people pooled have to do a second interview?
Original post by hopefulmedic97
Thank you!!!! Yes I had decided that I was being silly trying to strategise too much and I'm just going to apply to the college I love.

Oh that's interesting. Do you know what proportion of people pooled have to do a second interview?

Don't know I'm afraid :smile:
Original post by Rhetorical Hips
Don't know I'm afraid :smile:

That's OK. Thank you. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending