The Student Room Group

Is this job too well paid for only 14 hours a week?

There is a job advertised I am currently looking at that is advertised as 14hours a week with a salary of
"£19,632 to £22,685 (pro rata) per annum"

Is this a mistake?
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
There is a job advertised I am currently looking at that is advertised as 14hours a week with a salary of
"£19,632 to £22,685 (pro rata) per annum"

Is this a mistake?

It's calculated pro-rata, which means as a proportion.

So if £19,632 was the agreed annual salary, on a pro-rata basis of woking 14 out of the normal 40 hours per week, you'd earn:

(14/40)*19,632 =/= 35% of the annual salary

= £6,871.20.
Original post by frenchfly
It's calculated pro-rata, which means as a proportion.

So if £19,632 was the agreed annual salary, on a pro-rata basis of woking 14 out of the normal 40 hours per week, you'd earn:

(14/40)*19,632 =/= 35% of the annual salary

= £6,871.20.

Thanks. I thought it was too good to be true :tongue:
That's pro-rata. :rofl: Pro-rata is basically what you'd get if you worked full time.
Original post by Twinpeaks
That's pro-rata. :rofl: Pro-rata is basically what you'd get if you worked full time.

Look, I'm a bit stupid OK? I didn't know what pro-rata meant.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Look, I'm a bit stupid OK? I didn't know what pro-rata meant.

Ahh I only know really because my mums pay was like that. I think it's surprising how much people don't really realise it though until they start the job.
Original post by Twinpeaks
Ahh I only know really because my mums pay was like that. I think it's surprising how much people don't really realise it though until they start the job.

Which is why I went here before I started demanding 20k for a 14hour week. :tongue:

Quick Reply