The Student Room Group

Imperial College medicine applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
6.2 6.6 2A

I'm happy with section 1 & 2, but really disappointed in my essay...
do you guys know if I'm able to remark my essay?
Original post by ab9826
When do you usually find out if you have an interview or not?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Last year, they sent them out in batches. The first batch got them about a week or so after BMAT results (after about 5 emails but that's a whole other story) and then others came sometime later.
Reply 82
4.9 5.2 4.5A
is this score sufficient for an interview?
Reply 83
Alrighty got 4.5, 4.7, 2.5B (last year got a much better score, but this year I improved my section 1.) Really hope to be above cutoff this year, else it'll be another choice put to waste, again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
6.7 5.7 3.5A
Is my score acceptable/competitive enough? :s-smilie:
3.5A
Hoping...
4.7, 4.7, 4.5A :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
3.5a (shocking, considering I was expecting to get much lower)

@usycool1 do you think I will be able to get an interview?
(edited 8 years ago)
4.7, 4.7 and 2.5 A. Quite disappointed with my essay :/
6.2, 5.2, 3.5A, I'm so relieved about my Section 1 result! Although disappointed with Section 2 as it was the only part I revised for and down on last year's score lol
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by FutureMedic97
3.5a (shocking, considering I was expecting to get much lower)

@usycool1 do you think I will be able to get an interview?

It depends on what your other stats are like and what the section 1 cut off for this year is. I'd imagine that you'll be fine for sections 2 and 3 so we'll just need to wait and see for section 1.

Also worth noting that even if you've met the cut off, an interview is still not guaranteed sadly. :frown:
So from scrolling through last year's thread I found some very nice info to share!! Firstly, an example of someone who received an interview in December with not amazing stats for bmat (don't give up hope just yet!!) ImageUploadedByStudent Room1448466427.268459.jpg

And secondly, a FOI document of Alevel predictions and bmat scores that got to interview for 2014 entry (2 years ago when the bmat cutoffs were slightly higher than last year's)
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=347929

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rishen
2A

I'll probably be rejected for not making the cut off on section 3 right? :frown:

I would advise you to get your essay remarked just in case as it may get bumped up and you might avoid a straight rejection! (It would be really unfortunate as you did so well in the other two sections)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
Original post by yasaminO_o
6.2, 5.2, 3.5A, I'm so relieved about my Section 1 result! Although disappointed with Section 2 as it was the only part I revised for and down on last year's score lol

Hey:smile: Did you get an interview last year?
Original post by 5824
Hey:smile: Did you get an interview last year?

Yeah I got an offer too lol
Reply 95
Yeah I got an offer too lol

oh well done :smile: how soon after results was your invitation to interview and date of interview?
Original post by 5824
oh well done :smile: how soon after results was your invitation to interview and date of interview?

Exactly one week after BMAT results (3rd December) came out as I was in the first batch of invitations. You choose when to have your interview. Last year I scheduled mine for 21st January and my offer came through on 30th. If I'm lucky enough to be selected for interview again this year I'll probably go for the same date,
Reply 97
Exactly one week after BMAT results (3rd December) came out as I was in the first batch of invitations. You choose when to have your interview. Last year I scheduled mine for 21st January and my offer came through on 30th. If I'm lucky enough to be selected for interview again this year I'll probably go for the same date,

Your interview must have gone really well then to be offered a place so quickly! Do you think there's any disadvantage in choosing a later date in terms of the likelihood of being given an offer? Cheers for the reply.
Original post by 5824
Your interview must have gone really well then to be offered a place so quickly! Do you think there's any disadvantage in choosing a later date in terms of the likelihood of being given an offer? Cheers for the reply.

I wouldn't be able to say. It was my third interview and my last one was on 17th February, so all of mine were fairly early. No worries aha
Reply 99
I wouldn't be able to say. It was my third interview and my last one was on 17th February, so all of mine were fairly early. No worries aha

Where else did you get interviewed? Where are you applying this year aside from Imperial?

Quick Reply

Latest