The Student Room Group

This a scam?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I am so glad that I found this thread in time!

I was worried about going so I did what anyone would do, check the interwebs!
And BOOM, this comes up to save me from wasting my time.

considering when this thread started, how on earth are they still operating?
Original post by AS1991
I am so glad that I found this thread in time!

I was worried about going so I did what anyone would do, check the interwebs!
And BOOM, this comes up to save me from wasting my time.

considering when this thread started, how on earth are they still operating?

Dear AS1991,

I am delighted that we made a difference at last and saved yet another potential person from such an incident. God Bless
Original post by Trusting fool

Original post by kaka22360

Thank your for your input guys. I have an interview with them today and this thread will be very helpful.
I'm going to attend the interview because i need some interviewing experience but i will not pay for any course
Sounds scamy.

Perhaps contact Microsoft from the information given on their website?
Reply 84
Hi guys,Had today a interview directly with leanirng for you in moorgate with a guy named sunny,He ask me 395£ for a training microsoft.It's the first time in my life i've say " i let you know" in a interview :smile:Thanks for this post, i've save 395£ :smile:
Original post by student1973
Hi

Yes, i have also had an interview with them in October 2015. i paid the fee, and now i am working for them. This is not a scam, as that is also what i thought.

I have to say, i have worked on one project so far with them. they have another site in the city, and that is where i work from.

now that i have got some experience alongside my MCSA, and hands-on expierence, i am now looking to move on.

I have also got my money back.

thanks

You are incredibly pathetic. Give up.
Reply 86
Hi guys,

Has today a interview directly with leanirng for you in moorgate with a guy named sunny,

He ask me 395£ for a training microsoft.

It's the first time in my life i've say " i let you know" in a interview :smile:

Thanks for this post, i've save 395£ :smile:
Original post by Beast-1
I have just gone for a interview with a company called BOSS IT Group for a Microsoft support technician engineer job role but they require me to complete a Microsoft Certificate which is £395 before I can be offered a job role. The interview took place at 40 Grace church Street in London has anyone else been offered a job like this? They also said that the training fee would be refunded once into employment.
Sounds odd. Companies which require certain qualifications usually (AFAIK) provide the training without the prospective employee having to shell out for it.
Original post by Kappei
Hi guys,

Has today a interview directly with leanirng for you in moorgate with a guy named sunny,

He ask me 395£ for a training microsoft.

It's the first time in my life i've say " i let you know" in a interview :smile:

Thanks for this post, i've save 395£ :smile:

Yeah i just had an interview with the same guy decided not to do it
Reply 89
I was contacted by Nadia Khan too who invited me for an interview for Trainie Helpdesk IT Support role. She called me on a private number which was strange and I thought I was being invited for an interview for that job role. When I got there she mentioned about the postion and how I need to pass a Windows 7 course on a first attemp to secure a gaurenteed job. I asked if I can leave and think about it but she didn't allow that. I even asked if it was refundable and she said I can't do that either. Even worse I asked if I can see a sample
of the course and some practice exam questions but again she refused.This hole thing is fishy and stinks to high heaven, that's what I was thinking. Then when she issued me a contract which detailed my gaurenteed postion which I would sign. That got my hopes up since I am such a mug and ended up signing it and paying £250 for the course. Friendly advise don't ever attend their interview. It is a SCAM and they most likely end up stringing you along to get more money and never really give you job. I am guessing they call withheld so we can not call them back and harass them. The only way to contact them is by email. She did not even allow me to leave and think about it as they know we might end up doing our research and finding out what it really is. She did not allow me to see a sample of the course in case it would put me off and they end up losing a customer. The worse thing is that they only give you a month. Normaly for these type of courses you can get up to 6 months or even a year which is enough time. But within a month and on top you need to get a 70% first class which is impossible for people who are trying to break in to the IT industry. And again she refused to tell me the pass mark at the interview when I asked. I am a Mug for falling for this **** !!!
Reply 90
Was this lady called Nadia Khan who interviewed you ?
If they ask you for money (directly or not), it's most likely a scam.
Reply 92
Yeppp that was her who called me up and invited me for the interview? How do u know did something like this happen to you ?
Reply 93
I just said that didn't I duh
Reply 94
**** boss IT and learn4u
Hi guys,
Learning for you is just a fraud.
please please don't waste your money
they trap the jobless people and sell them online courses
please don't fall in that trap..
i have wasted 250 pounds please please don't go for it..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending