The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medical School Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EKM56
5A's at higher, predicted 3A's at advanced highers and UCKAT average of 662.5

Hey, I have exactly the same stats as you and I haven't got an email or notification from track. Since we have the same stats, does this mean that I will be getting one?
I got 652.5, do you think that will be too low? Some people with similar scores seem to be getting interviews, although I'm worried that I may miss out by ten marks or so!
Reply 402
Original post by MrStealYourOffer
Congrats!! What are the dates for those who just got interviews?

15th for me :smile:
Reply 403
Nothing for me yet and I have 692.5.

Not sure how Glasgow choose people.
Like i said before this happened last year although ukcat is a big factor it is not the sole determiner unlike unis like newcastle

Posted from TSR Mobile
My stats:

6A*5A GCSE
742, Band 1 UKCAT
AABB AS
A*AA A2 prediction

I have an interview on the 15th for Glasgow and then I'm down to London for the 16th, its going to be busy, thats for sure.
Reply 406
Original post by Rainbownightlock
Hey, I have exactly the same stats as you and I haven't got an email or notification from track. Since we have the same stats, does this mean that I will be getting one?

I can't say for certain, I'm not 100% sure how they choose people but hopefully you'll hear soon :smile:
Reply 407
Original post by ScaredBanana
My stats:

6A*5A GCSE
742, Band 1 UKCAT
AABB AS
A*AA A2 prediction

I have an interview on the 15th for Glasgow and then I'm down to London for the 16th, its going to be busy, thats for sure.

Mine's on the 15th too, and I have a HYMS interview the next day as well. Going to be very busy, but at least it's cheaper than making two separate journeys up north (I'm from the south west)

Posted from TSR Mobile
So do you think they still have interviews give out? :frown:
Reply 409
Original post by clairebear6

I've only really heard of people getting interviews for the 14th and 15th but the University website also mentions the 17th and 21st so I'm guessing that means there's still more to come.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 410
Original post by clairebear6

yeah im sure they do
12A*s at GCSE
AAAA at AS
A*AAA predicted
2930 band 1 UKCAT

Still no interview :frown: do they still have dates to give out?
Reply 412
Original post by euansmyth
12A*s at GCSE
AAAA at AS
A*AAA predicted
2930 band 1 UKCAT

Dude of course they do. Chill. They said up to the 18th-21st and that is only the majority. They also do it next year if needed. Just calm down, and focus on your work.
Reply 413
12A*s at GCSE
AAAA at AS
A*AAA predicted
2930 band 1 UKCAT

I got A*AAA Achieved A levels
2860 band 2 UKCAT

Also still no interview :s-smilie: I am starting to get worried :frown:
Reply 414
12A*s at GCSE
AAAA at AS
A*AAA predicted
2930 band 1 UKCAT

Original post by pishia
I got A*AAA Achieved A levels
2860 band 2 UKCAT

Also still no interview :s-smilie: I am starting to get worried :frown:

give it until the end of the week before you start getting worried...
Reply 415
Guys don't worry. Just wait. I am also waiting lol. Start worrying when it is the end of the week. My bet is that they will send it out around Wednesday or Friday like last time. Just chill. I am currently sick at home trying to get better. I need to get back to the interview prep lol. So just calm down. We will get our interviews faster than you think.
Any international applicants here who got an interview offer? Are you guys flying to Glasgow to do the interview or are you going to KL instead at their "asian interview hub"?
So they seem to give invites out at like 7pm... so nerve wracking D:
I'm sure someone said they got an email at 1530hrs yesterday but didn't pick it up until the evening!
I have the fear that all the interviews are given out aaah

Quick Reply