The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medical School Applicants 2016 Entry

Who's thinking of applying to Glasgow Medical School for 2016 entry?

Scroll to see replies

Count me in.
Reply 2
Original post by ForensicKetchup
Count me in.

Stats?
Original post by Ivysaurus
Stats?

Applying as a grad, predicted 1st. Haven't done my UKCAT yet. That's next week, Yourself?
Reply 4
I might see you guys there.I am a graduate who is deferring entry for another year due to circumstances out with my control -should have been going this year.
Will try my best to answer any questions you have regarding admissions etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lpo
I might see you guys there.I am a graduate who is deferring entry for another year due to circumstances out with my control -should have been going this year.
Will try my best to answer any questions you have regarding admissions etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just out of curiosity, what was your degree in and what UKCAT score did you get? :smile:
Reply 6
I'm applying as a grad too :smile:
I'm looking into Glasgow. Only thing is, I know little to nothing about what Glasgow is like as a city. :s-smilie:
Reply 8
Just out of curiosity, what was your degree in and what UKCAT score did you get? :smile:

I have a 2.1 in Biomedical science.I got 720 but doesn't matter now as I was the last cohort that was given interview based solely on UKCAT score.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
i'm thinking of glasgow as well, does anyone know if it's true that glasgow doesn't care that much about your p.s. when selecting those that get an interview? I also read this on their website 'Any commitment to work experience or similar is expected to last beyond the offer-making stage of the admissions process.'
Reply 10
Original post by idklol
i'm thinking of glasgow as well, does anyone know if it's true that glasgow doesn't care that much about your p.s. when selecting those that get an interview? I also read this on their website 'Any commitment to work experience or similar is expected to last beyond the offer-making stage of the admissions process.'

I thought everything was equally weighted?
As for the work experience, maybe it's to test your commitment to important things?
Reply 11
Applying as a grad, predicted 1st. Haven't done my UKCAT yet. That's next week, Yourself?

Where do you currently study and what course?
Reply 12
I thought everything was equally weighted?
As for the work experience, maybe it's to test your commitment to important things?

Yeah that's what it said on the website but I went to an event with the admissions people from each Scottish medical school and the person from glasgow said that they check the minimum requirements and the p.s. then rank everyone on their ukcat. And from what I heard from other people it seems like they use the p.s to tick off things and it's the interview thar counts
Reply 13
Who's thinking of applying to Glasgow Medical School for 2016 entry?

Possibly...
I'd be a graduate, UKCAT score 2290. Have I got a chance?
I am hoping to apply to Glasgow! I got 14A*s at GCSE and I am hopefully going to be predicted A*A*A* at A Level! :smile:

Does anyone know how much weighting Glasgow puts on the UKCAT?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emem2011
I am hoping to apply to Glasgow! I got 14A*s at GCSE and I am hopefully going to be predicted A*A*A* at A Level! :smile:

Does anyone know how much weighting Glasgow puts on the UKCAT?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They consider UKCAT with all other aspects of the application. All aspects are considered in equal measure. Hence equally with personal statement, reference and academic I think.
Reply 16
Hi guys I think I am applying for Glasgow too. I will predict AAA* or AA*A* and I got 2360 from UKCAT.. What is my chance?
Have A*A*A*A*A*AAABBC at GCSE AAAa at A level (chem bio and maths to A2 and physics to AS). Also in my final year of a degree in neuroscience with pharmacology (not sure if Im predicted a 2:1 or a 1st, probably a 2:1). UKCAT score of 660 (VR=540, QR=740, AR=760, DA=600, SJT= Band 2), have worked as an HCA, and for an AHSN and done loads of voluntary stuff (though the voluntary stuff was before my degree).Im an english applicant. Do you think my grades/UKCAT are good enough to get an interview at Glasgow?
Reply 18
I went to the open day and their application process is that they check your grades and p.s. and references, then they rank all those that meet the minimum requirements on their ukcat scores in order to get interviews. Also they don't use the SJT bands, and I don't know if I'm right or not to be under the impression that they don't mind if you have little (or none) clinical W.E., as long as you show commitment and understanding to a medical career??
Hey guys!!!

I'm deeeeeefinitely applying to Glasgow!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending