The Student Room Group

UMS Marks??

I got 101 UMS marks on my english legal system paper and I want to know how to convert that to raw marks. (I thought that they were raw marks at first) My law teacher says its good but I'd just like to know my actual mark.
Unless the system has changed, I don't think you can ever find out your raw marks.
Reply 2
Finding out your Raw marks can be achieved by recalling your paper as it will often be included or wait for the release of the grade boundaries which is often some time afterwards. The June 2014 grade boundaries has been released but that's about it.

However your teacher after some time will be able to view a copy of last years papers as teacher often have access aas they will often save one of the papers from the exam, but that depends on your teacher and school.

All I can advise you to do is ask your teacher or examination officer at your school or look on the boards website.

in regard of 101 UMS this has to be from two units as I believe the most you can get is 100 UMS per a paper. I know that 135 UMS is a B grade at AS but it varies a lot.
Reply 3
Original post by SKA070
Finding out your Raw marks can be achieved by recalling your paper as it will often be included or wait for the release of the grade boundaries which is often some time afterwards. The June 2014 grade boundaries has been released but that's about it.

However your teacher after some time will be able to view a copy of last years papers as teacher often have access aas they will often save one of the papers from the exam, but that depends on your teacher and school.

All I can advise you to do is ask your teacher or examination officer at your school or look on the boards website.

in regard of 101 UMS this has to be from two units as I believe the most you can get is 100 UMS per a paper. I know that 135 UMS is a B grade at AS but it varies a lot.

That's exactly why I think that its a raw mark! But my friend said that they don't put your raw mark on your slip. I got 143 marks overall between both of them getting a B. I got a D on my sources of law paper with 42 marks and I got an A on my english legal system paper with 101 marks.
Original post by Mpagtches
Unless the system has changed, I don't think you can ever find out your raw marks.

CCEA gives you raw marks, just sayin :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SKA070

This depends on the subject. My biology unit 5 paper this year was out of 140 UMS and both my physics papers were out of 120. For some exams in some subjects the UMS score is indeed 100, but it can be higher or lower. So 101 could be from one unit if it was out of more than 100 UMS. The 135 quoted I think is UCAS points or something similar? (I'm not certain on that however).
Original post by Celebi899
CCEA gives you raw marks, just sayin :P

That's the typical good nature of the Northern Irish! :ahee:
Reply 7
Original post by LeFailFish
This depends on the subject. My biology unit 5 paper this year was out of 140 UMS and both my physics papers were out of 120. For some exams in some subjects the UMS score is indeed 100, but it can be higher or lower. So 101 could be from one unit if it was out of more than 100 UMS. The 135 quoted I think is UCAS points or something similar? (I'm not certain on that however).

I'm going to go with that! Makes most sense.
what exam board was it ? I can tell you
Reply 9
Original post by SamuelSingleton
what exam board was it ? I can tell you

It was OCR.
Original post by Jodileigh
It was OCR.

AS/A2
and what unit ??
Reply 11
Original post by SamuelSingleton
AS/A2