The Student Room Group

What job/career do you want to do and how close are you to achieve that?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Viva Emptiness
Your username should be TornadoGR0 - where 0 equals the number of reps you got.

Is your username Viva Emptiness because of how empty and void your life & existence is?
Original post by TornadoGR4
Is your username Viva Emptiness because of how empty and void your life & existence is?

Hey look, I found a nice pic of you at the beach

Original post by TornadoGR4
I want to be a space cowboy.

Not gonna lie, don't think I'm on course for it at the minute.

I want to be a space pirate.

Space pirate > space cowboy
Original post by scrawlx101
@Taefella if you made your own business would you be a sole trader?

Uhmm that's a good question actually, I think I rather partner up with someone close to me but with the same/similar vision although if it comes to the point where I really want to do this on my own than have shareholders or something like that later on to help me upgrade my business then I would set my own fashion business up by myself. :smile:
I would like to teach drama at a secondary school and maybe tutor Spanish and English at GCSE level or a beginners level. I helped out at a church last year that teaches English to people who have just moved here and really enjoyed that :smile: although I'm quite a way off as I'm only going to uni this year to study drama :smile: Or I wouldn't mind opening a company that teaches acting/singing/dance. I know I'm dreaming big here though :wink:
I wish I knew :frown:
Surgeon.
Quite far off from achieving that - reason: haven't gone through A levels yet.
(edited 8 years ago)
Microbiologist. I'm going into by second year of biology at university.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Honestly have no idea. :s
Either way I'm as employable as a leprechaun at an Amazon warehouse.
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
to be a digital evangelist.....a professor in economic development, help the world become holistically wealthier whilst not ****ing up the environment.....
Paediatric surgeon :smile: I've got 12 A*s at GCSES but still a good 10 years away at least :frown:
A petroleum engineer. Not far off starting my chemical engineering degree this september.
why not look for something similair to your dream job?

what was your degree if you dont mind me asking?
Reply 33
I want to be a play therapist and I'm a million miles away from that!
Reply 34
I'm gravitating towards working in the media/journalism. I'm not all the way there yet, but the journey's starting. Studying History at university, I'm somewhat socially aware, I managed to get work experience at the BBC and I'm hoping to get more experience by writing for my uni's newspaper.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Ndella
I'm gravitating towards working in the media/journalism. I'm not all the way there yet, but the journey's starting. Studying History at university, I'm somewhat socially aware, I managed to get work experience at the BBC and I'm hoping to get more experience by writing for my uni's newspaper.

Ooh how did you get work experience at the BBC? That's great :woo: Snap btw, I want to do something along the lines of journalism too :biggrin: I'm going to join the newspaper too haha.
Original post by Ndella

howd you get that work experience?

I wouldnt mind a career as a journalist tbh but I want to do psychology at uni...I love writing though...What uni are you at?
Reply 37
Original post by SassQueen13
Ooh how did you get work experience at the BBC? That's great :woo: Snap btw, I want to do something along the lines of journalism too :biggrin: I'm going to join the newspaper too haha.

Thanks! :biggrin: I've got a relative who works there but I still had to apply like everyone else, wrote a personal statement with a CV. Omg you too! I missed out on doing it last year so I have no choice lol hope we get where we both want to!
Reply 38
Original post by scrawlx101
howd you get that work experience?

I wouldnt mind a career as a journalist tbh but I want to do psychology at uni...I love writing though...What uni are you at?

I have a family member who works there but it wasn't guaranteed, still needed to apply through the BBC careers site. They replied a month later so I never thought I'd get the experience either :smile:

I won't lie, I feel I'm taking a big risk deciding to go down the journalism path on account of its declining industry, so psychology seems better for employability. It's a great passion :smile: I'm at Essex
Original post by Ndella
I have a family member who works there but it wasn't guaranteed, still needed to apply through the BBC careers site. They replied a month later so I never thought I'd get the experience either :smile:

I won't lie, I feel I'm taking a big risk deciding to go down the journalism path on account of its declining industry, so psychology seems better for employability. It's a great passion :smile: I'm at Essex

who knows i might be going to essex next year :smile: how diverse the campus? how is journalism on the decline?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending