The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

GOGSoc - I like it!
wooohooo 3 of us. now, let's all go to the main forum and pick a fight.
PQ
hmmm - has the time come for a Grumpy Old Graduates Soc

Sign me up
noooo you need a sig first. its part of the initiation -announce your contempt and become one of us.
c'mon, admit it - which member of GOGSoc sprang into action without consulting us first...

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1253321,00.html
Reply 85
Ooooh can I join? :biggrin:
Reply 86
The Boosh
c'mon, admit it - which member of GOGSoc sprang into action without consulting us first...

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1253321,00.html

Oops. I suppose the prime suspect would be me, but I'm innocent, honest. I don't even know where Templeton is...:wink:
welcome chicken!

hobnob - good ol' templeton eh? they should have targeted cowely road too while they where at it - i have bad memories of that place
Reply 88
The Boosh
welcome chicken!

hobnob - good ol' templeton eh? they should have targeted cowely road too while they where at it - i have bad memories of that place

Actually I honestly don't know where Templeton is. It's not really the type of college English undergraduates tend to frequent...:biggrin:
The Boosh
Who is going to join me then?

Let us know when GOGS is up and running.
Reply 90
ChemistBoy
Let us know when GOGS is up and running.

Ah, so it's been officially proposed as a new society, then? I thought Boosh was just talking about the new sig there...
so the thread has changed. Hope Witte doesnt mind.

Is there a requirement for Aims and Objectives of the soc. Constitution etc etc etc. Also is there a restriction for membership (ie, only PGs or graduates. is there an age limited, what age is OLD)

If so has anyone any thoughts on this.

For me I would like to see a Soc where you have to be a graduate student, by that I mean a some one who has already graduated but is still studying at some level or another, so this could be a postgraduate course, or 2nd undergrad course. On the age front well, I would say grumpyness is more important. If you are 21 and really grumpy you are in, but often i have seen 30 Yr old grads who are to happy for their own good. maybe this should be compulsory http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=5405187657818420518 (I got 55%).- But dont get me started on these blinking tests, how this are you at x attribute etc etc, almost as bad as the guardian league tables.-

So who has set up the soc, is it in motion.

oh by the way, I suggest that we only allow people who went to ancient universities, redbrick or glass plate universities for their first degree. Anyone else would just be inferior.

oh and another thing understanding Sarcasm should be a prerequisite.
Reply 92
flexiblefish
For me I would like to see a Soc where you have to be a graduate student, by that I mean a some one who has already graduated but is still studying at some level or another, so this could be a postgraduate course, or 2nd undergrad course. On the age front well, I would say grumpyness is more important. If you are 21 and really grumpy you are in, but often i have seen 30 Yr old grads who are to happy for their own good. maybe this should be compulsory http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=5405187657818420518 (I got 55%).- But dont get me started on these blinking tests, how this are you at x attribute etc etc, almost as bad as the guardian league tables.-
Just 50%. Damn. I hope I can even that out through age and overuse of the :mad: smiley, though.

oh by the way, I suggest that we only allow people who went to ancient universities, redbrick or glass plate universities for their first degree. Anyone else would just be inferior.

Actually it might be a good idea to compile our own league table. Based on Grumpiness Score (using figures of the National Grumpiness Assessment done in 1982), Bad Weather Quotient, Average Student Age, Average Staff Age, Staff Dissatisfaction Score (percentage of staff who claimed to be 'grossly' or 'ridiculously' underpaid in the last Staff Dissatisfaction Survey or who were too dissatisfied even to bother to complete the survey), Students:Grumpy Staff Ratio and Inclusiveness, because obviously having a large number of disabled/minority/mature/international grumpy students is an enormous benefit to the overall grumpiness.
hobnob
Actually it might be a good idea to compile our own league table. Based on Grumpiness Score (using figures of the National Grumpiness Assessment done in 1982), Bad Weather Quotient, Average Student Age, Average Staff Age, Staff Dissatisfaction Score (percentage of staff who claimed to be 'grossly' or 'ridiculously' underpaid in the last Staff Dissatisfaction Survey or who were too dissatisfied even to bother to complete the survey), Students:Grumpy Staff Ratio and Inclusiveness, because obviously having a large number of disabled/minority/mature/international grumpy students is an enormous benefit to the overall grumpiness.

That would be very good. Surely we have just as much insight as journos making up league tables, and to be honest the Grump-table would be just as valid as the "official" tables.
Reply 94
flexiblefish
That would be very good. Surely we have just as much insight as journos making up league tables, and to be honest the Grump-table would be just as valid as the "official" tables.

More in fact, since we're GOGs ourselves.:biggrin:
hobnob
More in fact, since we're GOGs ourselves.:biggrin:

Go for it, I would............... but putting effort into something is something I dont do.

Huff
The Boosh
noooo you need a sig first. its part of the initiation -announce your contempt and become one of us.

Is my sig enough contempt?
why does my above post about my sig, not have my sig????
Reply 98
flexiblefish
why does my above post about my sig, not have my sig????

Maybe you aren't worthy to be a member of the GOGSoc yet.:p:
hobnob
Maybe you aren't worthy to be a member of the GOGSoc yet.:p:

Its these new fangled computer whatnots getting to me. My knuckles are killing me.

By the way just looked over at "the truth about degrees".

Thread of the Year I think.

The guy is clearly fishing.

Latest

Trending

Trending