The Student Room Group

Entering clearing after already enrolling

I have an interesting situation. I previously was accepted and enrolled for a place at BCU in January, but had to withdraw from the course due to personal circumstances.

I have now been offered a place through clearing for the same course at CCCU. But I have been told that it's unlikely that BCU can release me into clearing to accept the offer because I had already enrolled in January. Is this right? Is there anything I can do to confirm my offer at CCCU?

Obviously I've been in touch with both universities, but am waiting to hear. Just wondered if anyone had been through the same thing, or had any advice?

Thanks! :smile:
Original post by philthepat
I have an interesting situation. I previously was accepted and enrolled for a place at BCU in January, but had to withdraw from the course due to personal circumstances.

I have now been offered a place through clearing for the same course at CCCU. But I have been told that it's unlikely that BCU can release me into clearing to accept the offer because I had already enrolled in January. Is this right? Is there anything I can do to confirm my offer at CCCU?

Obviously I've been in touch with both universities, but am waiting to hear. Just wondered if anyone had been through the same thing, or had any advice?

I haven't been through this, but I'll try my best to help from what I've heard previously :smile:

If you've already enrolled at a university, that most likely acts as a confirmation of your place there and they're expecting you to attend. From what I've heard, a university you've accepted as your firm choice is not necessarily obliged to release you, but it's always best to discuss your personal situation with them, particularly if you had to withdraw from their course, which may well affect their decision. Did you email them or phone them? Sometimes speaking on the phone is a more direct and efficient way of dealing with things like this, if you haven't done it already.

Hopefully this helped a bit, but someone else with more knowledge will probably give a bit more advice.
Original post by philthepat

Hi Phil,

Yeah as said above, your best course of action is calling BCU and just speak to the admissions team or your proposed enrolment tutor, explain everything and as clearing still has till September to close - they should release you.

Calling them makes the process easier and faster!

- Kath :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending