The Student Room Group

Girls, is it ok to ask her on a date by text?

ok so I've been waiting a while to ask her out in person and tell her i like her, but the only time i see her is at work a few days a week, and we never get seated behind each other, if we do there's always customers and collegeus about, i never get time alone with her, so is it ok to text her and tell her this.. i love spending time with u, i think ur gorgeous i would love to take you on a date, if however u dont feel the same i want to remain friends with you.

Scroll to see replies

I wouldn't say about the option of staying friends and I would type in full words, you could talk a bit about why you like her and how she makes you feel and then choose a date venue to tell her and ask her to the (insert date here)
Reply 2
a phone call is much more personal but its up to you
Reply 3
Original post by dnor
a phone call is much more personal but its up to you

it just means ill have to randomly ask for her phone number, i will say all this to stuff to her face on the date, tell her how much i like her and how she makes me feel
I think a text is fine but perhaps you should call her instead.
Reply 5
Original post by mattyj123
ok so I've been waiting a while to ask her out in person and tell her i like her, but the only time i see her is at work a few days a week, and we never get seated behind each other, if we do there's always customers and collegeus about, i never get time alone with her, so is it ok to text her and tell her this.. i love spending time with u, i think ur gorgeous i would love to take you on a date, if however u dont feel the same i want to remain friends with you.

No, get drunk with her and ask her out then - she's most likely to say yes and if you are rejected you can sort of cover it up.
Thats how I ask all my girlies

she'll love you
Reply 8
Original post by toonervoustоtalk
Thats how I ask all my girlies

and does it workout ok?
Reply 9
Original post by Man.bear.pig
she'll love you

is this a sarcastic reply?
Reply 10
it just means ill have to randomly ask for her phone number, i will say all this to stuff to her face on the date, tell her how much i like her and how she makes me feel

but you said you were going to text her anyway? i personally feel like texting is the easy way out but just personal preference i guess
Reply 11
Original post by dnor
but you said you were going to text her anyway? i personally feel like texting is the easy way out but just personal preference i guess

it will be weird asking for her number then ringhing her, i cant do it in person!
is this a sarcastic reply?

no
Reply 13
Yeah, and I personally prefer a text than a call so that I have the time to think about it and answer :wink:
Asking someone to go out over text is perfectly acceptable. Declaring your wish to become more than just friends is probably better suited to a face-to-face conversation.
I think that's a bit too forward - just ask hang out as friends first.
Reply 16
it will be weird asking for her number then ringhing her, i cant do it in person!

im sure you can do it in person its just easier not to! keep the text short and sweet then so it is not overbearing and good luck:tongue:
Be a 'real' man and do it face to face.
And if you do decide to do it through text at least bother to write 'you' instead of 'u'.
Reply 18
Original post by Fleming1928
Be a 'real' man and do it face to face.
And if you do decide to do it through text at least bother to write 'you' instead of 'u'.

have u listened to a word i have said?! i cant! we never get time alone!
have u listened to a word i have said?! i cant! we never get time alone!

Well, you asked whether it's okay to ask her out through text, so I gave you my opinion and said no.
I'm sure you can find at least a minute to tell her this, for example right before or after work? Or ask her out for just a drink or something (through text) and then go into detail and tell her how much you like her once you've met up and you're finally alone.

I don't know about other girls, but sometimes I find it hard to believe a guy if he tells me things like that through text or social media :tongue: it's always better to do things face to face so that you can see the other person's expression and body language.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending