The Student Room Group

Sixth Form Study Tips

Hello. I am going to be starting sixth form and I wanted to know any tips that there are for studying and also tips for sixth from in general.
I'm going to be studying biology, chemistry, psychology and RE. What are good ways to revise and what has worked best for you?
Help would be really appreciated, thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by Shaistaaa
Hello. I am going to be starting sixth form and I wanted to know any tips that there are for studying and also tips for sixth from in general.
I'm going to be studying biology, chemistry, psychology and RE. What are good ways to revise and what has worked best for you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Past papers was the most helpful for me and just staying on top of homeworks and notes throughout the year, any questions just ask
Reply 2
Original post by chem@uni
Past papers was the most helpful for me and just staying on top of homeworks and notes throughout the year, any questions just ask

Finally got a reply :biggrin: thank you for your response! :smile: And will do! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3

Posted from TSR Mobile

making revision notes as you go along, dont leave your revision too late and do past papers so you can see what you're doing wrong and improve on it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by xsarawr
making revision notes as you go along, dont leave your revision too late and do past papers so you can see what you're doing wrong and improve on it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you very much! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

When the teacher says you should be reading behind the subject, you SHOULD be. always be one step ahead. read ahead. if you need a list i can supply one just PM me :smile:

If you think you are doing enough to pass with flying colours, you arent, you need to do more. when you are exhausted and have no space left in your mind you are then ready.

use your frees to go over what you done in lessons

attend all lessons. try not to book appointments/ driving lessons, it will ruin you- my friends are the evidence of what happens.

but enjoy:smile: you get alot if freedom and a common room :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
With psychology well for me anyways it was just memory mostly, I only did 2 weeks revision and got full UMS in unit 2 and an A overall

With Biology it's slightly harder but still possible I left revision slightly too late and did only 4 past papers ~ got a B overall ~ do all the past papers including legacy papers and you'll get an A :smile:

Chemistry is actually the hardest for me and I messed up the exams really bad and got a C :/ should've revised for mock exams and done all the past papers and understand not memorise
Witch chemistry you have to understand your content, I basically just memorised and this wasn't enough
Make sure you understand and do past papers :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm in the same position as you. I'm probably going to carry on what I did at GCSE because it seemed to work. Keep on top of all your work and talk to your teachers if you don't get something. Doing past papers/exam style questions is useful. Also try teaching someone (I even tried teaching my dog!) because it helps the information stay in if you explain it.
Reply 8
Original post by ftahir02
When the teacher says you should be reading behind the subject, you SHOULD be. always be one step ahead. read ahead. if you need a list i can supply one just PM me :smile:

If you think you are doing enough to pass with flying colours, you arent, you need to do more. when you are exhausted and have no space left in your mind you are then ready.

use your frees to go over what you done in lessons

attend all lessons. try not to book appointments/ driving lessons, it will ruin you- my friends are the evidence of what happens.

but enjoy:smile: you get alot if freedom and a common room :smile:

Thank you very much :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by spiritless98
With psychology well for me anyways it was just memory mostly, I only did 2 weeks revision and got full UMS in unit 2 and an A overall

With Biology it's slightly harder but still possible I left revision slightly too late and did only 4 past papers ~ got a B overall ~ do all the past papers including legacy papers and you'll get an A :smile:

Chemistry is actually the hardest for me and I messed up the exams really bad and got a C :/ should've revised for mock exams and done all the past papers and understand not memorise
Witch chemistry you have to understand your content, I basically just memorised and this wasn't enough
Make sure you understand and do past papers :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for your advice :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by horsewithnoname
I'm in the same position as you. I'm probably going to carry on what I did at GCSE because it seemed to work. Keep on top of all your work and talk to your teachers if you don't get something. Doing past papers/exam style questions is useful. Also try teaching someone (I even tried teaching my dog!) because it helps the information stay in if you explain it.

Yeah, I'm just going to revise and work hard from day 1 :biggrin: thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

hello....i'm in the same situation as you....
but u would be in year 13 by now!!.............
how was ur first year of sixth form..........is it very hard??
please give some tips for studying...if you can..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending