The Student Room Group

Netflix and chill

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Drunk Punx
If someone said "Netflix and chill" to me I'd expect to watch Netflix and cotch hard. I'd be disappointed if it turned out to be sex.

If you want sex, tell me you want sex. If you want to chill, tell me you want to chill. So many wires get crossed due to peoples' inability to be honest.

:giggle: :rofl:
Original post by kickboxer 98
that we were friends,
i never knew the guy until yesterday morning, then we were on the train talking with this girl from my school, sat next to eachother in a workshop, while he whispered things about how boring this workshop was, after we all went out for lunch, and he stayed away from me.... during the next workshop he wanted me next to him, but on the side away from everyone in the "squad" then he was holding my hand for the next two hours, even at lunch he started holding my hand when we were in tescos alone. At the end of the day we were all going home and that, even though we take the same train and he lives 2 mins walk from my house he asked for my number in front of everyone and kept hugging me...... honestly thought it was as friends

xD Man, I thought I was oblivious. If he is holding your hands, it definitely means he is interested in being more than friends (if he is straight), since you allowed him to hold your hand and be all huggy, he probably got the idea you were more than friends too.
Saying that, I'm as oblivious as you, and I'd take hand holding and stuff as just friendliness too.
Original post by Anonymous
xD Man, I thought I was oblivious. If he is holding your hands, it definitely means he is interested in being more than friends (if he is straight), since you allowed him to hold your hand and be all huggy, he probably got the idea you were more than friends too.
Saying that, I'm as oblivious as you, and I'd take hand holding and stuff as just friendliness too.

idk what to do, cause he isnt answering his phone, and all he has said to me since yesterday is that he is busy doing homework and so cant meet me for lunch today, he told me to stop leaning my head on him though cause people were saying stuff about me and him being a good couple..... so its confusing
Yeah my boyfriend uses it as a code for sex. He hasn't got the guts to come out and say it so netflix and chill it is :toofunny:
idk what to do, cause he isnt answering his phone, and all he has said to me since yesterday is that he is busy doing homework and so cant meet me for lunch today, he told me to stop leaning my head on him though cause people were saying stuff about me and him being a good couple..... so its confusing

Hmmm he does sound pretty confusing. To me it seems like he is into you, but the head leaning thing,sounds like hey may not really be that much into you. Why else would he have a problem with people thinking you're a couple right?
He sounds like he could be trouble, I'd tread carefully.

Wait for him to contact you. If you like him, be careful to now wear your heart on a sleeve. It sounds like he could just be after that one thing, sex. If's that not something you just want too, play it safe.
Hmmm he does sound pretty confusing. To me it seems like he is into you, but the head leaning thing,sounds like hey may not really be that much into you. Why else would he have a problem with people thinking you're a couple right?
He sounds like he could be trouble, I'd tread carefully.

Wait for him to contact you. If you like him, be careful to now wear your heart on a sleeve. It sounds like he could just be after that one thing, sex. If's that not something you just want too, play it safe.

of course i like him, as a friend though, i dont know him that well, and even if i did like him as more than a friend I would have sex with him straight after one day of meeting, espeically when he wont reply to any of my messages.

TBH i really want to get to know him, as it felt like wed known eachother like a year or something, and we both thought that as we both said it, I like him loads as a friend x

Would it suggest i want more if i ask him to come over or go out for lunch?
of course i like him, as a friend though, i dont know him that well, and even if i did like him as more than a friend I would have sex with him straight after one day of meeting, espeically when he wont reply to any of my messages.

TBH i really want to get to know him, as it felt like wed known eachother like a year or something, and we both thought that as we both said it, I like him loads as a friend x

Would it suggest i want more if i ask him to come over or go out for lunch?

It's likely he will think that, if you don't make it clear it's just as friends. Then get doesn't get the idea of it being more, but you could just talk to him for the majority of the time.
If you don't wanna give him the wrong idea, you could invite other people, or say, "as friends". Would suggest the former.
It's likely he will think that, if you don't make it clear it's just as friends. Then get doesn't get the idea of it being more, but you could just talk to him for the majority of the time.
If you don't wanna give him the wrong idea, you could invite other people, or say, "as friends". Would suggest the former.

yea i asked the other people we are both friends with and none of them can come tomorrow, but they were suggesting that me and him need to have alone time, like I cant just cancel as he cancelled going out with his school friends so we could meet tomorrow
Original post by Jebedee
And that's why a smart man will hide his true intentions. You've just demonstrated why it is best to look at what a woman does rather than listen to what she says.

No, a roadman or a man who has no respect for the thoughts and feelings of anyone will hide his true intentions. So a guy should say Netflix and chill because he's scared a girl would say no? Pathetic. Clearly you're a guy, cause all girls can agree with me here that we want guys to just be upfront and say what they want. I respect guys that say "I want to have sex" rather than use stupid codes which is open to interpretation. And I've demonstrated nothing apart from the truth: stop saying Netflix and chill. Don't quote me please.
yea i asked the other people we are both friends with and none of them can come tomorrow, but they were suggesting that me and him need to have alone time, like I cant just cancel as he cancelled going out with his school friends so we could meet tomorrow

Aah, be like, you invited the others but they were like nah, but you are still up for it, just the two of you.
don't worry too much about him getting the wrong idea. I mean, if he ever does or asks you out, you can always politely reject him if you wanted.
A good way to friendzone, it to call him dude, a great friend, basically refer to his using the dreaded f word (friend).
Aah, be like, you invited the others but they were like nah, but you are still up for it, just the two of you.
don't worry too much about him getting the wrong idea. I mean, if he ever does or asks you out, you can always politely reject him if you wanted.
A good way to friendzone, it to call him dude, a great friend, basically refer to his using the dreaded f word (friend).

ive done that saying cause he messaged me just now saying that he saw me earlier and he thinks i look good in the jeans im wearing, so i replied " aww hun youre a cute friend, thanks x"

he then said " why dont u come over and take them off for me xxxxx"

idk what to do
ive done that saying cause he messaged me just now saying that he saw me earlier and he thinks i look good in the jeans im wearing, so i replied " aww hun youre a cute friend, thanks x"

idk what to do

uuummm that's definitely inappropriate, if you feel that well, tell him straight. Should put him in his place.

idk what to do

He is clearly attempting to be flirty and confident or something. If it makes you uncomfortable tell him. With someone like him, I think the best way is to just be politely honest.
I don't think he will get the hint otherwise.
He is clearly attempting to be flirty and confident or something. If it makes you uncomfortable tell him. With someone like him, I think the best way is to just be politely honest.
I don't think he will get the hint otherwise.

its not that i feel uncomfortable, i just dont like it when someone rejects me when i like them, and i dont want to lose him as a friend or hurt his feelings, also we have the same friends and dont want to make anythin awkward
its not that i feel uncomfortable, i just dont like it when someone rejects me when i like them, and i dont want to lose him as a friend or hurt his feelings, also we have the same friends and dont want to make anythin awkward

I'm kinda confused.
Sooo lemme get this straight.
You like him/and maybe see a potential something more than a friendship with him (see potential romantically). But since you don't really know him quite yet, you want to get to know him better?

Or you just like him as a person so far and you could see yourselves being friends period (strictly platonic), so you wanna get to know him and you don't want to lose a potentially great friend?
Original post by Not Anonymous
No, a roadman or a man who has no respect for the thoughts and feelings of anyone will hide his true intentions. So a guy should say Netflix and chill because he's scared a girl would say no? Pathetic. Clearly you're a guy, cause all girls can agree with me here that we want guys to just be upfront and say what they want. I respect guys that say "I want to have sex" rather than use stupid codes which is open to interpretation. And I've demonstrated nothing apart from the truth: stop saying Netflix and chill. Don't quote me please.

Fantastic you respect them, now how many of them have you had sex with?
When a guy says this to a girl what is she meant to think?? Is it just a movie??

Posted from TSR Mobile

"netflix and chill" is a dating concept that was invented by cheapskates. It's up to you if you want to settle for less when there are far better things to be had.
Original post by Jebedee
And that's why a smart man will hide his true intentions. You've just demonstrated why it is best to look at what a woman does rather than listen to what she says.

A smart man does not hide his true intentions, that is how people end up in the 'friend zone'. A smart man sub communicates his intentions without explicitly saying his true intentions so that both parties know what is going down without others judging them.
I'm kinda confused.
Sooo lemme get this straight.
You like him/and maybe see a potential something more than a friendship with him (see potential romantically). But since you don't really know him quite yet, you want to get to know him better?

Or you just like him as a person so far and you could see yourselves being friends period (strictly platonic), so you wanna get to know him and you don't want to lose a potentially great friend?

no, i dont like him like that, i like him asa friend, but i want to be closer to him, like best friends or something as i feel like we have known eachother for a long time and we have jokes together, however i think that he likes me and i would like to know him.

So option 2
Original post by Monkey D. Luffy
A smart man does not hide his true intentions, that is how people end up in the 'friend zone'. A smart man sub communicates his intentions without explicitly saying his true intentions so that both parties know what is going down without others judging them.

That is correct, I should have phrased it as a smart man does not explicitly vocalise his intentions...etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending