The Student Room Group

Bestfriend too busy for me😞

He takes FOREVER to respond to my messages and he promises to be better the next day but never is. When he does respond properly within the first 5 mins then it's great and I'm on cloud nine. But then he goes and feel like I've gone to the fiery depths of hell.
😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Scroll to see replies

So hes just taking a lot longer to text. Give it a month or so and if it continues then you can investigate
Reply 2
Original post by FlyingNinja1
So hes just taking a lot longer to text. Give it a month or so and if it continues then you can investigate

Investigate?! God i hope it's not serious.
When he replies to you, don't reply back for a really long time. See how he likes it. :biggrin:
I'm bad at texting, I just don't like doing it, don't take it personally.
Reply 5
Some people take longer to reply than others. Not everyone is glued to their phone. 5 minutes is an unreasonably short window for you to expect him to consistently reply within.
Reply 6
Original post by mintpuppy
When he replies to you, don't reply back for a really long time. See how he likes it. :biggrin:

I sort kinda did that already (unintentionally), see i went on holiday and left my phone at home and so didnt contact him at all. And when i got back he had just assumed i was ignoring him, but he didn't even message me once to ask why. I mean i told him i was going on holiday and he forgot, or maybe he was just playing and act like he forgot...i don't know. 😒😒😩
Reply 7
Original post by Mankytoes
I'm bad at texting, I just don't like doing it, don't take it personally.

Oh, ha ha.

Original post by iFinity
Some people take longer to reply than others. Not everyone is glued to their phone. 5 minutes is an unreasonably short window for you to expect him to consistently reply within.

15max. But this guy can go hours with no response. Atm it's 7+hours.
Maybe you should just go at him with a knife. :lol:
I thought this was about me because you talk like my friend.... until it got to the bit about a holiday - my friend never mentioned a holiday to me :K:

@m3m :rofl:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Oh, ha ha.

15max. But this guy can go hours with no response. Atm it's 7+hours.

What? I can't not enjoy one form of conversation? Sometimes I don't have my phone on me, I'm not a fourteen year old girl.
Original post by Zamestaneh
I thought this was about me because you talk like my friend.... until it got to the bit about a holiday - my friend never mentioned a holiday to me :K:

@m3m :rofl:

Its not you. I met my mate through tsr and you're not him. Mmmkay? Good.
Original post by Mankytoes
What? I can't not enjoy one form of conversation? Sometimes I don't have my phone on me, I'm not a fourteen year old girl.

Wow man. That hurt. 😢
ffs if I didn't read the title I'd of thought that you were being a clingy girlfriend.
I think the problem is a mixture of you investing too much and him too little, you just need to feel less attached to him. Yes, best friends and partners are good, but being around them too much isn't good.
Its not you. I met my mate through tsr and you're not him. Mmmkay? Good.

I met my mate through TSR too :K:

Original post by thecatwithnohat
ffs if I didn't read the title I'd of thought that you were being a clingy girlfriend.

Original post by SeanFM
I think the problem is a mixture of you investing too much and him too little, you just need to feel less attached to him. Yes, best friends and partners are good, but being around them too much isn't good.

Yep you lot are right. I get too emotionally attached to people. I just need to put the phone down and step away.

Then again this idea doeant sound half bad

Original post by Just Another Girly
Maybe you should just go at him with a knife. :lol:

:biggrin:
Reply 17
If the frequency of his messages is not satisfying you, maybe you should arrange to do things in that strange place known as 'real life'.
He takes FOREVER to respond to my messages and he promises to be better the next day but never is. When he does respond properly within the first 5 mins then it's great and I'm on cloud nine. But then he goes and feel like I've gone to the fiery depths of hell.
😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

I feel your pain :frown:

Its because he has a life and you probably don't. I have a male casual friend who has no life that responds to messages within seconds and my best friend who is always busy can take days.
Reply 19
😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

hey radical idea, why dont you try having a life that revolves around you rather than your best friend?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending