The Student Room Group

Feeling lost about everything and I don't know what to do!

Scroll to see replies

I can 100% relate to you, I'm starting sixth form this year and My gcse grades were alright but after a while of thinking about them I think I could have done so much more, SO SOOO MUCH, but hey I can't turn back time so my aim now is to just focus 100% on a levels and ace them. I really don't know what to advice you concerning what you want to do in the future but just take a while to think about something you like(you don't have to be 100% into it tho) or just skills/personal qualities you have and research about those and what kinda careers can apply to your personality/skills.
My advice would to be focus on a levels and make sure you get the grades you want and need, I don't know that much about cambridge entrance requirements but I've read that they focus highly on a level results, so again just make sure you focus on acing your a levels!
Hope you enjoy what ever you pick for your as levels

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by MrKmas508
I'm going to pm you in a few days to make sure you've done it (Cos why not). Also because of you I'm gonna try and learn Spanish, I spent 3 months learning and then stopped and I'm gonna try again. Everything happens for a reason and if you look hard enough for meaning you'll find it. If you need something to point you into the right direction (or any direction) then a conversation like this will be fine because you'll always be doing something which is better than doing nothing. I'm just about to join a gym and I feel like my life is getting better everyday.

This made me smile. :biggrin:
Good Luck with learning Spanish!
I know that everything happens for a reason and I just have to be patient in finding it.
It is very reassuring to know someone out there is happy!

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by blck&burgundy
I can 100% relate to you, I'm starting sixth form this year and My gcse grades were alright but after a while of thinking about them I think I could have done so much more, SO SOOO MUCH, but hey I can't turn back time so my aim now is to just focus 100% on a levels and ace them. I really don't know what to advice you concerning what you want to do in the future but just take a while to think about something you like(you don't have to be 100% into it tho) or just skills/personal qualities you have and research about those and what kinda careers can apply to your personality/skills.
My advice would to be focus on a levels and make sure you get the grades you want and need, I don't know that much about cambridge entrance requirements but I've read that they focus highly on a level results, so again just make sure you focus on acing your a levels!
Hope you enjoy what ever you pick for your as levels

Posted from TSR Mobile

Someone understands!
So I have been told to do so. I want AAAA next year and at this point I don't care how much I have to work to get to that. I don't know, I feel like I need to get that to make up for my GCSE grades somehow.
That research is going to take awhile....
Thank you!
Good Luck for sixth form!
I'm also set on AAAA and good luck to you too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aamirac
But I want to be the best, but it feels like there is some wall restricting me from doing so and I don't know what it is! :redface:

Hmm I see that.. i was recently reading a psychology book which said that as long as you always strive to do your best, and if you are happy with your achievements when you know you did try your best, that the relief of the pressure will help you achieve more and more as your confidence grows
Original post by aamirac
I just feel so lost and sad about things right now.
Starting A-levels and questioning my choices.
Feeling like I could have done so much better at my GCSE exams and gone to a leading Sixth Form and just done so so much better.
I don't know what I like and don't like because I feel like I haven't gotten the opportunities to go beyond my usual routine of life as [whatever] me .
I don't have any aspirations or dreams (OK, I do want to go Cambridge, but that is just can't happen. it just can't)
I don't have a favorite subject in school that I really ever enjoyed fully.
Don't have anything that I'm passionate about.
I'm just worried that I would leave this all behind but then it will come back to bite me when I do my UCAS or other applications.
I just don't know what to do, I feel stuck! Like there is this heavy weight on my shoulders but I can't see behind me to know what it is.

Has anyone been in this situation before?

(don't tell me it will get better, just hit me with it)

watch this plz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_9_ti4ufnk&list=PLU1eARpBhe_DafPn_4m9BUdTWtPtcXrqk&index=24
Focus on what is to come and things should work their way round, for example set yourself a target of minimum C grades ate As and nothing less.

Never settle for something less than your best.
hi

new here I have a room in shared housing I no longer need in hull where do I advise does anyone want this room right near hull university and local shops

linked with Unicom property's
Reply 28
Original post by Hevachan
Hmm I see that.. i was recently reading a psychology book which said that as long as you always strive to do your best, and if you are happy with your achievements when you know you did try your best, that the relief of the pressure will help you achieve more and more as your confidence grows

Yes I hope so!
Reply 29
Original post by 08Mercyf
Focus on what is to come and things should work their way round, for example set yourself a target of minimum C grades ate As and nothing less.

Never settle for something less than your best.

Yes. maybe I should do that more often.
For one should aim beyond the sky so if in doubt they can still fall above the clouds

Spoiler

Reply 30

Thank you for showing me this!
Just what I needed.
I know it will be helpful and something I can always refer back too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending