The Student Room Group

can i find out what my teachers wrote on my ucas application?

Also do they send any other stuff over or is it just the reference ,what do they wriite in these? Would they make you sound bad, or is their aim to get you accepted?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by nightime
Also do they send any other stuff over or is it just the reference ,what do they wriite in these? Would they make you sound bad, or is their aim to get you accepted?

No, you can't. I would assume that all teachers would want their pupil to acquire a place at University. For the reference, they could say the number of years they have known you, if you possess good characteristics and are a suitable candidate for your course. I don't think they would need to send in anything over, to the University. They wouldn't have any course to paint you in a negative way, if you are an exceptional student. If your character is nothing to write home about, they could just provide a generalized reference.
Ideally they write to make you sound appealing? For example, if you're known for always arriving to school on time then they'll mention it. if you're always late,they'll leave your punctuality out of it.
Reply 3
My school lets us read their reference, I thought that was common. They do it to check for inaccuracies and see if there is anything missed out. I thought that was common practice.
Reply 4
Usually they do . With our school they did. They let us have a look and see if there is anything they didnt include or if they got any predicted grades wrong
Original post by nightime

Yes you can but only after it is sent to UCAS. Call UCAS and ask for a full copy of your application - UCAS will charge £10 and send it to you.

Alternatively speak to your referee and ask if you can see it. Some schools have a policy of not sharing it or only sharing after it is sent off to avoid pressure on referees to over-sell applicants.
(edited 8 years ago)
I was told by my college it was the teacher's discretion whether or not they show you, so if you really wan to know the worst you can do is ask whoever wrote it. Dont know about how you go about it through UCAS though.
I doubt you're teachers would have any bad to write about you in your reference as Im pretty certain they want you to get accepted, but they generally try to be as honest as possible - if you're a decent student then it'll be fine!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending