The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 1
Hi, just seen and answered something similar so will post it again here, hope its useful

I had an interview for neuroscience at Manchester, so same department so should be the same. Was really relaxed, started with a presentation, then a tour round and then the interviews. Really informal, just asked why the course, why Manchester, then told me about the course a bit and then he asked me things about my personal statement, i think basically to check u haven't lied and then i asked him a few things. So it was really fine.

However one word of warning, it does depend on your interviewer. Mine was fine; another girl i talked to her's had barely asked her anything, they'd walked to his office to get something and come back; but a guy said his interviewer had asked him something about DNA and about what he's read in Biological review magazine. So one piece of advice, if u mentioned anything like that in statement then at least read one or two articles that u cant talk about. 99% of the time they won’t ask but u never know.

Yell if there is anything else i can answer, kind of tired atm so sorry if not very coherent.

David
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
I think i must have had the interviewer that guy had. He asked me those two things.

Developmental Biology is a new course isn't it? That's what we were told in one of our lectures. You'll probably be asked the same things as the other Faculty of life sciences degree courses. It won't be as bad as you think :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending