The Student Room Group

Are my grades good enough for medicine

Hi, so i recieved 2A*s, 6A's and 3B's at GCSE. The head of my sixth form quite brutally told me yesterday that i would never get into medical school with those results.
Any advice ??
Reply 1
If you smash the A-level in addition to the UKCAT and get at least 3As, that should give you a fighting chance. However you must apply very carefully as some medical schools use number of A*/A at GCSE to shortlist candidates for interview.
I know someone with similar gcses as you who got into SGUL for medicine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
It will make it very difficult but maybe still possible. Just don't apply to any GCSE heavy unis e.g. birmingham, oxford. And only apply if you do extremely well in AS + UKCAT
Original post by -_-'
If you smash the A-level in addition to the UKCAT and get at least 3As, that should give you a fighting chance. However you must apply very carefully as some medical schools use number of A*/A at GCSE to shortlist candidates for interview.
I know someone with similar gcses as you who got into SGUL for medicine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, I really will work hard in AS and A2 especially now that I have toprove that teacher wrong 😊
Original post by lilixxx1000
It will make it very difficult but maybe still possible. Just don't apply to any GCSE heavy unis e.g. birmingham, oxford. And only apply if you do extremely well in AS + UKCAT

Thanks alot 😊😊

Quick Reply

Latest