The Student Room Group

Unite Students Problems

Didn't get into halls so Queen Mary negotiated a 43 week contract with Sherren House, I was really excited as it was 177 a week and within my budget. However I received the contract yesterday and don't know what to do.

First of all, the first instalment of 1054.54 is due on the 8th September, I move in on the 19th, and I actually get my loan and grant on 21st, I also need to pay a deposit of 250 before my loan comes out.

My second problem is that the instalments do not coincide with finance payments. So I will receive about 3300 in finance in September, however they want me to pay instalments in September, October, November, December AND January before my loan in January. Meaning they want me to fork out around 4800 before my second loan even arrives. As well as this, they then want me to pay for February, March and April, and I get my last loan at the end of April (bare in mind I'm supposed to leave the accommodation mid July :|).

I don't understand why they have chosen these payment dates as over the 43 week period I could easily cover the cost of the room as I also get a 3000 pound scholarship in January and April, so I'm gonna be 3000 pound in the red up until January and then be filthy rich May onwards.

Any advice or experiences would be a lot of help. Or if anyone has alternative accommodation close to Queen Mary that they can recommend to me. Thought I finally had housing sort, but another step back :frown:
Ask to pay in three instalments around your loan dates. They have to be flexible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest