The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Any postgraduates starting in Sept 2015?

Would like to meet a few PGs before starting in September

Scroll to see replies

I'm starting the Archives and Records Management course
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
Oh cool, I will be doing Big Data and High Performance Computing. Are you staying in halls or private accommodation?

Will you be going to any of the fresher week events? They seem more tailored to undergrads than postgrads!
I'm staying in Vine Court. As for freshers stuff, I feel the same! I didn't buy the wristband or anything.
Reply 4
I didn't think I would be able to get accommodation with UoL since I'm a home PG so I booked a place in private halls (Libertas). Whereabouts are you moving from? I will be moving up from London. Quite excited now!

I didn't buy the wristband either but on these forums some say it's not really worth it?
Hey guys,

If anybody is still looking for their accommodation, Vita Student Liverpool still has a couple of our affordable luxury studio apartments available. At Vita Student Liverpool absolutely everything is included, even breakfast and a weekly cleaning service!

Get in touch on our accommodation hotline 02030961717 or by emailing our friendly lettings team on [email protected] and they will help you find your perfect accommodation.

Sophie :smile:
www.vitastudent.com/locations/liverpool/
Original post by lien345
I didn't think I would be able to get accommodation with UoL since I'm a home PG so I booked a place in private halls (Libertas). Whereabouts are you moving from? I will be moving up from London. Quite excited now!

I didn't buy the wristband either but on these forums some say it's not really worth it?

I'm actually coming from Chicago, so figured it was much easier to just do on-campus accommodation!
Reply 7
That makes sense! Anyways I might give the events a miss but go to the Freshers fair and see what's there :smile:

We are now able to complete the University registration online. Do you know when we get the academic timetable?
On Liverpool Life it says around the 14th
Hey y'all,

I am joining for MSc Sustainable Structural Engineering, :biggrin: I hope i see you guys there.
I am looking for accomodation in campus too, in Vine Court and Philharmonic Court, but I applied only on 29th Aug, I wonder if I am a tad bit too late.
Reply 10
Original post by akshaya_kumar
Hey y'all,

I am joining for MSc Sustainable Structural Engineering, :biggrin: I hope i see you guys there.
I am looking for accomodation in campus too, in Vine Court and Philharmonic Court, but I applied only on 29th Aug, I wonder if I am a tad bit too late.

Hiya,

I hope to see you there too!

Try calling the accommodation team tomorrow to see what your status is? :smile:
Aah, okay, when did u apply? Where r u stayin by the way?
Reply 12
I didn't apply for uni accommodation so looked in private sector. I'm staying at Libertas which is one of the private halls for L1 lettings.
Original post by lien345
I didn't apply for uni accommodation so looked in private sector. I'm staying at Libertas which is one of the private halls for L1 lettings.

Ooh, i think Libertas is a wee bit far from the Uni.. :smile:
So you've moved in already?
Reply 14
Not yet I will be moving on 19th September so less than 2 weeks to go!

It is a little far, its nearly a 20 min walk to uni but wanted to save on money and I need my own space with my own kitchen and bathroom etc so it kinda ticked all the boxes. But I do wish it was a little closer :wink:

How is your accommodation search going?
Original post by lien345
Hiya,

I hope to see you there too!

Try calling the accommodation team tomorrow to see what your status is? :smile:

Heyyy, guess what :biggrin: I just got an offer, from Philharmonic court, a studio.
I dont know if it's a bad or good thing.
Reply 16
Heyyy, guess what :biggrin: I just got an offer, from Philharmonic court, a studio.
I dont know if it's a bad or good thing.

Well done! Are you going to accept it? It's close to uni :smile:
Original post by lien345
Well done! Are you going to accept it? It's close to uni :smile:

Yeah, I guess i will.. :smile:
Reply 18
Yeah, I guess i will.. :smile:

That's good to know :smile: When will you be moving to Liverpool?
Hey, i'm joining for MSc sustainable and environmental design in architecture.. Hope to see you there

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending