The Student Room Group

Resitting a subject you are going to drop

I just got my remark back for classics and it stayed the same. I got a C overall with a D in the first exam and a B in the second exam. I have no idea where i went wrong in the first exam seeing as I did not change my writing style in the first exam. Anyway, I'm planning on resitting the exam next year to get myself a B overall. Is this a good idea since I'm dropping classics this year?
Reply 1
bump
I don't have much experience of this personally, as I neither went through this process or did classics at A Level, but in general it's probably not a great idea. Assuming you did 4 subjects at AS, most unis only give you an offer based upon 3 A Level grades, meaning it's unneccesary to get up the grade for a fourth subject that you want to drop. I know a couple of my mates did this in Maths and Biology and they both didn't go up, whilst it took time away from the subjects that they were doing at A2. I got a D in Maths at AS, but didn't try and retake it and am now studying history at Southampton. However, at the end of the day do what you feel.
Reply 3
It's a tricky decision because I doubt my writing skills will have improved in a year but I really don't like having a C on my exam sheet

Quick Reply

Latest