The Student Room Group

2016 Dental Hygiene and Therapy

Hi all,
I really wanted to apply to my closest university which was University of Birmingham, but I received an email from them confirming that they do not accept Btecs.
I was wondering what the best 5 universities are to study this course with a level 3 Btec applied science.
Many thanks
Hi everyone, I am thinking of applying for dental therapy&hygiene 2016 entry. I re-sat Year 12 (AS), i initially got acdu (psychology,biology,chemistry&ma ths) dropped maths and resat the year and got AABC (biology,business, A2 psychology and chemistry) Really disappointed in my chemistry grade as i was 4 ums of a B and a2 psychology was 2 ums of an A, remarked both the papers and it remained the same. I am now carrying on to study a2 bio,chem and business and i may retake a psychology paper to gain that one mark. Due to my C in chemistry i don't know whether i should retake the papers for the second time to get to an A. Would this affect my application due to the fact that this would be the 3rd time writing this paper? Or should i just carry on? I don't know whether i should still apply for dental t&h as it is very competetive due to the small number of places available. I have gained work experience in a Nursery, Dentist, Moorfield Eye Hospital, Moorfield A&E and Specsavers. Any advise on what i should do ?
Hi,
Personally I think you should be fine and should just carry on with your A2 studies. Your grades look very good.

Original post by Jophilip123
Hi everyone, I am thinking of applying for dental therapy&hygiene 2016 entry. I re-sat Year 12 (AS), i initially got acdu (psychology,biology,chemistry&ma ths) dropped maths and resat the year and got AABC (biology,business, A2 psychology and chemistry) Really disappointed in my chemistry grade as i was 4 ums of a B and a2 psychology was 2 ums of an A, remarked both the papers and it remained the same. I am now carrying on to study a2 bio,chem and business and i may retake a psychology paper to gain that one mark. Due to my C in chemistry i don't know whether i should retake the papers for the second time to get to an A. Would this affect my application due to the fact that this would be the 3rd time writing this paper? Or should i just carry on? I don't know whether i should still apply for dental t&h as it is very competetive due to the small number of places available. I have gained work experience in a Nursery, Dentist, Moorfield Eye Hospital, Moorfield A&E and Specsavers. Any advise on what i should do ?

Quick Reply

Latest