The Student Room Group

Two jobs whilst still in sixth form?

I will be starting my final year of sixth form next week and recently I have got myself a job at Jack wills for weekends and when it stays open later on Thursdays. However, the money I will
Be making won't be a great deal from just don't days and therefore I have looked for other work and have an assessment next week at Bella Italia. What are your opinions on doing well in school but having two job aswell? Also any thoughts on bella Italia? :smile:
I think you will struggle, particularly with revision and exam periods having two jobs.. there is only so much time in the week and you are not a robot.. Do you NEED the money or would it just be nice? I think if you can do without it then just stick with Jack Wills
Reply 2
I totally agree with getting a weekend job, it's a good idea to get a feel for working and managing school life (as you would in uni, if you're going). But, I'd draw the line at one job. I'm also going to start my final year of sixth form and the workload is only going to get harder with tougher deadlines. I'd recommend only doing the one job (preferably a weekend one...or if they are both weekend jobs, the one that pays better:biggrin:)
Reply 3
Thank you for your response! Yeah I totally agree with what you're saying. I want to eventually go to uni too but for now I do really want to save up as much as I can for the things like a car or a gap year. But I do need to stick to my revision so will have a more deeper look into it. I have accepted to go to the assessment day and I'll see how it goes as its not even certain yet. If not, one job is still okay!
Reply 4
Wow that is a lot at once haha.I mean personally I believe I will be able to keep up with it all as long as they don't clash in times and I have some sort of break every other day. I really enjoy having my own money (like most) and I think the only way to actually start having my own money without spending it all is by having another source of income to a few hours on the weekend! Thank you for your response though.
Reply 5
In honesty I just generally love to make my own money and in order to do that I need enough money to be able to both save and use to go out and enjoy myself too. I agree that it's essential to be able to keep sixth form a priority especially at the final year. But I do like to make my own money and in order to have fun and save up aswell I need it as a standing point. But I will still go to the assessment day to see how it goes but I will have a deeper think about it. Thank you!
my advise is keep one job, and focus on your studies.

if you want to save up, then work at that one job, but live as if you are not working. basically, don't touch the money you get at all, you get free transport, and make food at home etc..

By the time you are done, you'll have some monies to use.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending