The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Electrical Piano in Sandby?

Hi,

I'm looking to start Uni next year at Nott Trent and would choose Sandby if i could - that's the plan anyway.

I have an electrical Yamaha Clavinova CLP-760 piano, it is detachable from the stand by the way.

Could I take this in with me; i can plug headphones in so no noise - playing the piano is quite calming and i'd hate to lose the skill, unless they have music rooms i could use but i'm not taking music so :/ Even if it's barely fitting I don't mind, but are we allowed them!!

Thanks guys :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by lauren_st
Hi,

I'm looking to start Uni next year at Nott Trent and would choose Sandby if i could - that's the plan anyway.

I have an electrical Yamaha Clavinova CLP-760 piano, it is detachable from the stand by the way.

Could I take this in with me; i can plug headphones in so no noise - playing the piano is quite calming and i'd hate to lose the skill, unless they have music rooms i could use but i'm not taking music so :/ Even if it's barely fitting I don't mind, but are we allowed them!!

Thanks guys :smile:

Hi lauren_st,

You are allowed to bring the piano with you. However, there is not a lot of space in Sandby for you to put it, and it is very likely to take up the majority of your desk space also. Have you considered maybe a different halls? The large rooms at Simpsons has much more floor space to put your piano. I have left links to both halls below:

www.ntu.ac.uk/sandby

www.ntu.ac.uk/simpsons

However if you have your heart set on Sandby, we do have a music centre on campus, I have sent you the link below to have a look at.

http://ntu.ac.uk/music/about_us/contact/index.html

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Ellen
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi lauren_st,

You are allowed to bring the piano with you. However, there is not a lot of space in Sandby for you to put it, and it is very likely to take up the majority of your desk space also. Have you considered maybe a different halls? The large rooms at Simpsons has much more floor space to put your piano. I have left links to both halls below:

www.ntu.ac.uk/sandby

www.ntu.ac.uk/simpsons

However if you have your heart set on Sandby, we do have a music centre on campus, I have sent you the link below to have a look at.

http://ntu.ac.uk/music/about_us/contact/index.html

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Ellen

Hi Ellen!

oh well at least I can if i choose too - it's just Sandby was on campus and the cheapest there was so that's kinda why XD ah it will be okay i'm sure, i can live without space my room isn't big at home as it is XD .. hmmm do the bed's go all the way to the floor or is there room underneath.. i bet they go to the floor right!
Original post by lauren_st
Hi Ellen!

oh well at least I can if i choose too - it's just Sandby was on campus and the cheapest there was so that's kinda why XD ah it will be okay i'm sure, i can live without space my room isn't big at home as it is XD .. hmmm do the bed's go all the way to the floor or is there room underneath.. i bet they go to the floor right!

Hi lauren_st,

I believe the beds go all the way to the floor, as there are two drawers underneath the bed for storage. I'll link you to the accommodation page so you can look at more information about Sandby.

http://www.ntu.ac.uk/study_with_us/accommodation/index.html

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks,

Ellen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending