The Student Room Group

What are my options if I want to do Law at Uni?

I didn't work hard enough at AS level and ended up with BCC. I obviously need AAA to get into a good Uni to study Law (looking to be a Barrister). I know Oxbridge is never going to happen. I know I can bring my B subject to an A as well as one of my C subjects but the other C subject (English Literature) is never going to be an A. I just hate it with a passion. So now I'm stuck. I can't resit the year as I'm already a year behind due to dropping out of my first sixth form (long story). My college offer students the chance to do a full Citizenship A Level in one year and from what I know it's not a very difficult subject.

Do I drop English and take up Citizenship? Is that too risky? My college doesn't let you do 4 A Levels unless you get at least BBBC but I could try and put forward a convincing argument for doing 4 A levels but there is no guarantee that it will be allowed.

What do I do? Liverpool Uni offer Law at ABB but what are the chances of becoming a Barrister if you go to Liverpool?
I'm in the same boat (Check out my post here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=58852733&highlight=law)

Roehampton have just started a Law course, similar to that of York's, and the entry requirements there are ABB. Chester is points based and if I remember correctly the points equate to BBB/CBB, however, I may be wrong so double check that.

My only problem is finding somewhere that is worthy of attending and still realistically possible for me to get in! I don't want to be reliant on clearing.

I am taking an EPQ in addition and am hoping I can get an A in that to lower the entry requirements of Southampton to AAB, but I am not certain that it is going to happen.
Original post by Kayb14
I didn't work hard enough at AS level and ended up with BCC. I obviously need AAA to get into a good Uni to study Law (looking to be a Barrister). I know Oxbridge is never going to happen. I know I can bring my B subject to an A as well as one of my C subjects but the other C subject (English Literature) is never going to be an A. I just hate it with a passion. So now I'm stuck. I can't resit the year as I'm already a year behind due to dropping out of my first sixth form (long story). My college offer students the chance to do a full Citizenship A Level in one year and from what I know it's not a very difficult subject.

Do I drop English and take up Citizenship? Is that too risky? My college doesn't let you do 4 A Levels unless you get at least BBBC but I could try and put forward a convincing argument for doing 4 A levels but there is no guarantee that it will be allowed.

What do I do? Liverpool Uni offer Law at ABB but what are the chances of becoming a Barrister if you go to Liverpool?

I know a lot of reputed and Russell Group unis have high entry requirements but this year and last year some very good universities went into clearing for law, and at Manchester uni people got accepted with ABB grades,

If you work really hard you could get some really good results :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Lostrider
I kmow a lot of reputed and Russell Group unis have high entry requirements but thus year and last year some very good universities went into clearing for law, and at Manchester uni people got accepted with ABB grades,

If you work really hard you could get some really good results :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll be sure to try my best, thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest