The Student Room Group

Would it be possible to transfer from the University of Cambridge to a US university?

I'm not sure if I've posted in the right section, but as the title suggests, I was wondering whether it would be possible to transfer from the University of Cambridge to a US institution.

I recently successfully met my conditions to study at the University of Cambridge this year. However, I have always had my heart set on studying in the states, but due to various issues that arose throughout my time in sixth form, I was not able to do the ACT / SAT test, which is a standard requirement. I understand that most US universities prefer transfer applicants to have completed at least one to two years at their current university before entering their institution, so I was wondering how likely would it be that I would be accepted at a highly ranked US institution? I know that I'll have to do either the ACT or the SAT and score fairly highly, but considering I got into Cambridge, would that not be an indicator of my academic ability (if I don't score as well)? Additionally, I would need references. I'm not too sure how keen Cambridge will be in providing those references, so would it be enough to have a reference provided by the head teacher of my previous school, for example?
Reply 1
I don't think the fact you got into Cambridge would matter much. The US care little for UK academic rankings especially for undergraduate study. Ivy League is what they worship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending