The Student Room Group

Do universities know if you resat a paper @ AS if you apply with full A level grades?

How do universities even check the grades and the years/how many times you've sat for them? What if you sat for one AS exam first and got a grade you didn't like. And then you reapplied the next year, using a new passport, and sat your AS exam for all four subjects and got good grades and carried those forward for A2 and you got A*s and As.

Do you still have to mention that one exam which was done using an old passport that you resat? Will universities find out about it?
Original post by hilrho
How do universities even check the grades and the years/how many times you've sat for them? What if you sat for one AS exam first and got a grade you didn't like. And then you reapplied the next year, using a new passport, and sat your AS exam for all four subjects and got good grades and carried those forward for A2 and you got A*s and As.

Do you still have to mention that one exam which was done using an old passport that you resat? Will universities find out about it?

http://help.ucas.com/contract12/index.html
Reply 2

What do I do if I have registered for exams say this summer but never attended them? How do I show them on UCAS or do I have to show them?

Also who should be talking about all these resits or exams that I purposefully didn't attend even though I registered. Like this summer I registered for my AS exams but due to illness and also technical problems the exam boards made about which papers to sit for I couldn't attend the exams. So who talks about these things? The referee or me in my personal statement?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by hilrho
What do I do if I have registered for exams say this summer but never attended them? How do I show them on UCAS or do I have to show them?

Also who should be talking about all these resits or exams that I purposefully didn't attend even though I registered. Like this summer I registered for my AS exams but due to illness and also technical problems the exam boards made about which papers to sit for I couldn't attend the exams. So who talks about these things? The referee or me in my personal statement?

Exams you didn't sit don't go on the application. The reasons why you didn't sit them would go in the reference.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending