The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Queen's University Belfast Applicants 2016

QUB is my first choice of university to study mental health nursing, I'm from Scotland and have 5 highers at AABBC, As in English and Physics, Bs in Chemistry and Biology, C in maths.
Anyone know the likely hood of getting in?

Scroll to see replies

I'm very likely going to apply for this one as my first choice. I want to do maths and the uni just looks perfect (apart from the trip across the North Sea to get there from England).

My AS's were AABC in maths, further maths, psychology and chemistry so I've dropped chemistry.

Anyone else going to apply from outside NI?
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Hey! I'm applying for the Maths Bsc from the Netherlands.

Really hope to get an offer. Sent my application a week ago and waiting for the reply...
I don't think listing my grades will help :smile:
Cambridge is my first, but highly unrealistic choice. Edinburgh and Queens' are my real options.
Reply 4
Original post by GEPelan
Hey! I'm applying for the Maths Bsc from the Netherlands.

Really hope to get an offer. Sent my application a week ago and waiting for the reply...
I don't think listing my grades will help :smile:
Cambridge is my first, but highly unrealistic choice. Edinburgh and Queens' are my real options.

That's so cool that you are from the Netherlands! Have you visited Belfast before?
Im from NI and Queens is also my first choice to study Geography
Original post by Oak16
That's so cool that you are from the Netherlands! Have you visited Belfast before?

Yeah, more than I can count :biggrin:
My dad's from Belfast so have flown over at least once a year ever since I was born.
Last time I arranged a private meeting with the maths and physics tutors.
Everybody was really friendly and I loved the atmosphere there.
You ever been there?
Hi! I've applied here for Child Nursing :smile: I was born in England but I've lived near Belfast for almost 7 years now and my dad is currently a student at QUB so I know the campus very well - it's in a lovely area, very safe and easy to find your way around.

Original post by evieasmr98
QUB is my first choice of university to study mental health nursing, I'm from Scotland and have 5 highers at AABBC, As in English and Physics, Bs in Chemistry and Biology, C in maths.
Anyone know the likely hood of getting in?

I went to the Nursing lecture at the school pupils Open Day a few weeks ago and the lecturer said QUB is one of the harder Nursing schools to get into, notably because the grade entry requirements are low despite it being a Russell Group university - he said they receive 3000 - 5000 applications across the five branches. However, if you've got work experience and you have at least one science subject at a higher level as you do, you'll stand a good chance. He said that interviews are held around February, with no offers being made until all interviews have been conducted, normally at the start of May (ah, such a long wait!). And we'll be the first year to take part in MMI's - scary! I wish you lots of luck :smile:
Reply 8
I'll be applying for Biochemistry. The university and city seems lovely. I really like that the university is within easy reach of the city, and that the city isn't too big... But I live on the mainland and having to take flights home seems like such a pain. I can't imagine how much worse it must be for international students!
Reply 9
Anyone know of offers from Queens particularly for Geography for 2016 entry?
I've applied for Biochemistry too at Queens! Really hope I'll get an offer
Reply 11
Original post by emilykate153
I've applied for Biochemistry too at Queens! Really hope I'll get an offer

Oh awesome! :biggrin: What other unis have you applied to?
Original post by koweja
Oh awesome! :biggrin: What other unis have you applied to?

Bristol, Edinburgh, Lancaster and Manchester! How about you?
Reply 13
Bristol, Edinburgh, Lancaster and Manchester! How about you?

I hope you hear back from yours soon! :smile: When did you send off your application?
I haven't sent off my application yet, but I'll be applying for Sheffield, Nottingham, Newcastle and Swansea. I'm thinking I might have Nottingham as my firm and Belfast as my insurance, but it depends who I get offers from haha
Hello gents. Possible software engineering applicant here.
Original post by koweja
I hope you hear back from yours soon! :smile: When did you send off your application?
I haven't sent off my application yet, but I'll be applying for Sheffield, Nottingham, Newcastle and Swansea. I'm thinking I might have Nottingham as my firm and Belfast as my insurance, but it depends who I get offers from haha

Awesome! I think Belfast would be my insurance too, but I'll see how it all goes!
Mine was sent off on the 27th :smile: got an offer from Bristol today actually!
I'm from NI and hopefully putting QUB as my first choice in mechanical engineering!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Awesome! I think Belfast would be my insurance too, but I'll see how it all goes!
Mine was sent off on the 27th :smile: got an offer from Bristol today actually!

Oooh, congratulations :biggrin:
Original post by koweja
I'll be applying for Biochemistry. The university and city seems lovely. I really like that the university is within easy reach of the city, and that the city isn't too big... But I live on the mainland and having to take flights home seems like such a pain. I can't imagine how much worse it must be for international students!

i've applied for biochem at queens! have you heard anything yet from them?
Got an offer for Law! Over the moon :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending