The Student Room Group

Muslims on Twitter compare Muslim Drag Queens to ISIS, say they should be killed

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by generic_man
Why? They weren't harming anyone or preaching hatred towards anyway, they were just doing something they enjoy.

The more I hear from Muslims like you the braver I feel they are for appearing in this documentary. Clearly there's a huge amount of bigotry present in the Muslim community but if the show changed only a few Muslims' minds about LGBT people then it was worthwhile.

Islam doesn't work like that.
If it did, it would be alright for Muslims to drink just because they enjoy doing it, or to go out clubbing because it's fun.
Original post by HAnwar
If it did, it would be alright for Muslims to drink just because they enjoy doing it, or to go out clubbing because it's fun.

Still, it's really none of your business, and it's not affecting you in any way, is it? I'm a Muslim, a very proud Muslim, and yet I'm not disturbed by gay ppl or drag queens because I'm much more concerned with being the best person I can possibly be rather than insulting and policing strangers.
Reply 22
trying to demonize muslims and make it seem like non-muslim westerners are any better? Have you seen the murder rates for trans women in the US? Mainly by white males. How about the blatant hate from the westboro baptist church (their url is literally http://www.godhatesfags.com/). and how about the white christian guy who recently took a bomb to a women's abortion clinic? and all the recent abuse and attacks against caitlyn jenner (someone made a halloween costume based on her) The comments I'v seen by these people on twitter are nowhere near as vile and disgusting as some of the comments and abuse that non-muslim, christian/atheist westerners throw at LGBT people. If you're going to deport people for being bigots, you're going to be deporting a demographic a lot larger than muslims, mate.

This sort of bigotry is wrong, misguided and inappropriate for this day and age. It has be addressed as a whole, not by idiots like you trying to demonize one group and act like they are the source of all this bigotry, when they are but a small minority when it comes to the actual demographic responsible for this sort of hate. It's pretty sad that we have so many vile bigots living in our country, your problem is acting like they're all muslims.
Original post by HAnwar

Islam has to adapt to the modern world or else it will die. Being so hateful had led to nothing but war and poverty and underdevelopment in Muslim countries and alienation and resentment in the West. It can't and won't go on.
Reply 24
Original post by Mizukage
Still, it's really none of your business, and it's not affecting you in any way, is it? I'm a Muslim, a very proud Muslim, and yet I'm not disturbed by gay ppl or drag queens because I'm much more concerned with being the best person I can possibly be rather than insulting and policing strangers.

Yes it is. They're making a mockery of my religion. Islam doesn't allow crap like that.
Anyways I've said enough here. Allah will deal with them.
Original post by HAnwar
Yes it is. They're making a mockery of my religion. Islam doesn't allow crap like that.
Anyways I've said enough here. Allah will deal with them.

I hope you are as vocal about misogyny and racism within Muslim communities - things that actually hurt and kill - as you are about a group of drag queens minding their own business.
And yes, Allah will deal with them. But Allah will also deal with you. Keep that in mind the next time you degrade other human beings who are doing their best to hold onto their faith.

As salamu alaikum! :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by tim_123
Actually from what I gather the section of the Quran that mentions homosexuality is actually talking about rape.

Moreover, if you've ever been to an Islamic state you'll know that almost every guy there is having sex with the other due to the culture in the middle East.

Further to this, people are annoyed by these comments because it shows yet again how Islam just does not fit in with modern society.

Finally, there's been more tweets about Muslim drag queens then there has about muslims bombing cities, beheading people for nothing, and everything else that is wrong in the Middle East. Bombings aren't the problem, it's those gay muslims that are.....

Oh one more thing, ever been on a flight to Dubai? This is my favourite thing. Leave Heathrow and all the Muslims are there drinking and flirting etc. get into Arab airspace and it's all haram this and haram that. Double standards ftw

What's the muslims in Dubai got to do with the religion? Their sins don't affect the religion. They just aren't following the rules of the book and these linds of muslims are everywhere. The Prophet stated that every son of Adam is a sinner but the best of sinners are those who repent. Judge the religion by the book and not those who follow it.
Original post by Tooly
No one said they shouldn't be allowed to voice their opinions, not quite sure why you're bringing up "Freedom of speech".
They're saying that the opinions that they have voiced are "disgusting" and "vile".
Just wanted to make that clear.

Tell them I said thanks for their OPINION
[QUOTE=generic_man;58864349]It's absolutely their right to say these things, but don't tell me I can't be offended by it. There was some really disgusting and hateful stuff posted on Twitter about the people on this show and there's no excuse for it.

You have every right to be offended by it; God gave free will so feel free to use it. But HONESTLY deep down in everyone's hearts (even those in favor of drag queens and gays) KNOW on SOME level that this kind of stuff is wrong/wierd/unnatural.
Reply 29
Butternuts says thanks for your opinion
Reply 30
Original post by Butternuts96
You have every right to be offended by it; God gave free will so feel free to use it. But HONESTLY deep down in everyone's hearts (even those in favor of drag queens and gays) KNOW on SOME level that this kind of stuff is wrong/wierd/unnatural.

It's weird but that doesn't mean they should get abuse. I find Islam weird but I don't hate on Muslims at all.

(Weird perhaps being the wrong word, more "different" or out of the ordinary)
(edited 8 years ago)
I really need to watch this show

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Freedom of speech. Muslims are allowed to say and believe what they want to believe. Muslims believe in the Quran and the Quran is against these kind of people with complete transparency. No difference of opinion or arguments. You do it, it's fine. Muslims are taught by the Book that God gave freewill and everyone can genuinely do whatever they like but they WILL be punished in Hell if God doesn't forgive them for it. Don't get offenced by Muslims STATING that these acts are downright AGAINST Islam; they have a right to say that and it ain't your religion to say that Islam allows it. God forbid it clearly. No muslim agrees with this drag queen and gay business (and fyi, ISIS as well) except that they have committed a grave sin (by simply condoning the action) or they have left the fold of Islam.

Wearing a skirt sends you to hell but chopping off heads doesn't? Even the most hardcore medieval Christianity never said anything against men dressed as women; it was actually quite popular as comedy and drama in Shakespeare's time.
Reply 33
Interesting, i'd really like to see a christian, jewish, hindu and sikh version of this as well

No I don't. I'll admit it, drag queens are interesting in a weird but not bad way. However, homeosexuality is not unnatural, in terms of nature.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Please don't project your hatred onto me, I don't think drag queens are wrong, weird or unnatural at all. You're a truly disgusting person if you do.
Original post by Plutonian
Wearing a skirt sends you to hell but chopping off heads doesn't? Even the most hardcore medieval Christianity never said anything against men dressed as women; it was actually quite popular as comedy and drama in Shakespeare's time.

What are you on about? Noone ever said anything about chopping up heads. Please quote when I mentioned anything REMOTELY to do with chopping heads?
And if you want the truth about ISIS chopping up heads? You know that the REAL muslims who actually follow the Quran are against ISIS and all they do. The Prophet (SAW) said that they are the dogs of the hellfire.
Original post by generic_man
Please don't project your hatred onto me, I don't think drag queens are wrong, weird or unnatural at all. You're a truly disgusting person if you do.

On SOME level, deep within yourself, you know that it's disgusting. You can say you're on their side all you like but inside you and I both know the truth.
Reply 38
On SOME level, deep within yourself, you know that it's disgusting. You can say you're on their side all you like but inside you and I both know the truth.

It's just a dude in a dress!
Freedom of speech. Muslims are allowed to say and believe what they want to believe. Muslims believe in the Quran and the Quran is against these kind of people with complete transparency. No difference of opinion or arguments. You do it, it's fine. Muslims are taught by the Book that God gave freewill and everyone can genuinely do whatever they like but they WILL be punished in Hell if God doesn't forgive them for it. Don't get offenced by Muslims STATING that these acts are downright AGAINST Islam; they have a right to say that and it ain't your religion to say that Islam allows it. God forbid it clearly. No muslim agrees with this drag queen and gay business (and fyi, ISIS as well) except that they have committed a grave sin (by simply condoning the action) or they have left the fold of Islam.

Do you believe people should be free to draw offensive images of Muhammad?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending