The Student Room Group

I don't know what I want anymore. Help please?

Basically I was considered a good student, I got AAAB in all the sciences and maths as-level mocks. My real grades I got a few weeks ago was DDDD. I have no idea how my life could change so drastically. And I realised something, I actually f*cking hate school. When I go back in a week, my pride will be broken and everyone will look down on me. I feel nausea everytime I go onto my school website/mail and getting notifications of school. Looking back at my life, I have never really felt happy in school; I have had anxiety all my life, now I am suspected to be dyslexic. I really don't want to apply to UCAS this year because my predicted grades will get me nowhere. I was aspiring to do Computer Science at russell groups universities but I'm scared because school brings me so much unhappiness and I want a really good job prospect to support me when I make my personal projects. I am breaking down so much, I literally don't know what to do. Not going to university will bring me and my family so much shame and pain (my broke family depends on a weak girl like me to do good for herself). I am not suicidal because of religious reasons but I don't want to live. I really just need some feedback. thank you.
Reply 1
Stay strong. RESit. Nothing is ever as bad as it seems.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by vittij
Basically I was considered a good student, I got AAAB in all the sciences and maths as-level mocks. My real grades I got a few weeks ago was DDDD. I have no idea how my life could change so drastically. And I realised something, I actually f*cking hate school. When I go back in a week, my pride will be broken and everyone will look down on me. I feel nausea everytime I go onto my school website/mail and getting notifications of school. Looking back at my life, I have never really felt happy in school; I have had anxiety all my life, now I am suspected to be dyslexic. I really don't want to apply to UCAS this year because my predicted grades will get me nowhere. I was aspiring to do Computer Science at russell groups universities but I'm scared because school brings me so much unhappiness and I want a really good job prospect to support me when I make my personal projects. I am breaking down so much, I literally don't know what to do. Not going to university will bring me and my family so much shame and pain (my broke family depends on a weak girl like me to do good for herself). I am not suicidal because of religious reasons but I don't want to live. I really just need some feedback. thank you.

First, its not the end of the world. I've seen students with DCEU get As at A2. All be it they had resits but sometimes, that year extra helps you so much. Because of your feelings, you need to talk to someone and given your family's situation, preferably a friend. So option one is resit year 12. Now, you could always resit some modules for example your worst ones, alongside A2 and reapply next year. This may be quite good as it gives you the chance to go on a gap year and relax a bit. Because when you go to university, and if you're aspiring to get a good job, you would need to work a lot, this goes for anyone at university. But taking AS exams alongside A2 is quite stressful and given your current state of mind, might be tough. The third option is to drop out and do a vocational course at college. There are very incorrect misconceptions with colleges, first they give you the chance to do apprenticeships which can put you straight into a job or you can still go to university after, although it may not be RG. But universities don't guarantee jobs, they are just the start. The thing is, seeing your mock grades which are amazing, I think you deserve more than going to college, and you are well suited to academia study. Were your grades a shock? So did you feel you did well in the exams? Because there's always the chance, especially this year, that your exams were marked incorrectly. I think the best thing for you at the moment is to resit year 12 which doesn't sound pretty, but is the easiest route. This will mean the whole year is just revision and will give you time to feel better about yourself. But you need to remember to keep on top of work. For now, just relax and go out to do stuff with friends or do whatever else you enjoy. Also, your grades are not bad either, I've seen potential Cambridge applicants get Us if this is if any help.
hope this helps
Original post by vittij

Hi there,

I'm so sorry you didn't get what you were expecting. I know how it feels - you build yourself up, people keep promising that you did well and you begin to believe them... then you receive your grades. I was disappointed in myself, I cried, every emotion you could imagine.

Just remember that it isn't the end of the world. I know it feels like it at the moment. But remember all you need to do is achieve those predicted grades to have a chance.

Talk to everyone you can, who will have influence to change it - your subject teachers, your career advisor's and your tutor. Explain what you need and why, tell them how you are going to achieve it.

You'll definitely need to resit. However, don't forget that it's always possible to achieve your dream course and university. It might take a lot of effort - but please don't give up. Just remember things have to go down to be able to go up.

Let me know how it goes.
- Kath :h:.

Quick Reply

Latest