The Student Room Group

good enough?

So far for GCSE i got an A for ICT, a B for Spanish,history,citizenship and a C for biology, igcse english language, media. i am predicted to get A/A* for maths, literature, re, chemistry, physics. if i get all A/A* for A levels then can i get into the cambridge med course- i want to be a consultant physician/ dermatologist.

In A levels i am going to do chemistry, maths, biology and maybe physics. If i can do more then i will do economics/bussiness etc... good enough for cambridge med course?
Reply 1
Original post by Shadow Killer
So far for GCSE i got an A for ICT, a B for Spanish,history,citizenship and a C for biology, igcse english language, media. i am predicted to get A/A* for maths, literature, re, chemistry, physics. if i get all A/A* for A levels then can i get into the cambridge med course- i want to be a consultant physician/ dermatologist.

In A levels i am going to do chemistry, maths, biology and maybe physics. If i can do more then i will do economics/bussiness etc... good enough for cambridge med course?

Those GCSEs would be below average for Cambridge medicine, but people have got in with similar. You would need to show a significant improvement at AS level and achieve >90% in all your science subjects (getting a C in biology is slightly concerning if you're taking it on for A-level) as well as doing well in the BMAT in order to be in with a chance.
Original post by Helenia
Those GCSEs would be below average for Cambridge medicine, but people have got in with similar. You would need to show a significant improvement at AS level and achieve >90% in all your science subjects (getting a C in biology is slightly concerning if you're taking it on for A-level) as well as doing well in the BMAT in order to be in with a chance.

i might do maths, chemstry, physics in a-levels as i am better in them. Whats a Bmat?

I will try get all A/A* for A-levels and as and a2
Reply 3
Original post by Shadow Killer
i might do maths, chemstry, physics in a-levels as i am better in them. Whats a Bmat?

I will try get all A/A* for A-levels and as and a2

Not having Biology will limit which other medical schools you can apply to, though it won't be a problem for Cambridge necessarily. The BMAT is the admissions test used by Cambridge, Oxford, UCL, Imperial and a couple of other medical schools.

Sounds like you still have a fair bit of research to do about medicine - I suggest reading the TSR wiki on the subject so you can find out more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending