The Student Room Group

French and German teacher hates me..

Ive been having this problem for a long time but now its just really starting to wear me down.. first it was discovered that she didnt correct my oral cards correctly.. and ever since Ive been wavering as to whether I can trust her.. coz she practically olds my future in her hands!.. Ive been sufferin from depression ever since.. and just have this feeling that shes out to make me fail my exams.. it sounds stupid.. but i dont possibly know what i ncould have done for her to bear such a grudge on me.. i always hand my hwkin on time.. and coz i have her for both french and german.. i always try to get all the work she sets for both done as best i can.. class essays dnt matter.. its the final exam that matter.. also shes been startin to twist things.. and my old french teachers been helpin me with all my cwrk...sometimes she gets really short tempered with me and ended up arguing with her before half term.. the communication is completely breaking down.. and she even seemed annoyed coz i finished my exam in 20 minutes in my first german lesson so sat there for the second one.. not havin anything to do.. yet she still let me JUST SIT THERE:frown: grrr .. anyone got any ideas.. i just cant bring myself to ask her what her problems are with me... ive always tried my best and i love languages and the whole of the language dept knows that except her!.. sorry for he rant.. it helped me alot though.. i need to get things off my chest:smile: love C xxx
anyone?
I'm afraid the only thing you can do, short of putting in a formal complaint (which I'm sure you don't want to do), is corner her one day and ask her.
hey,
darf ich erst mal fragen, wo du herkommst? :wink: ich aus münchen

wateva... i wd try 2 b urself, u cnt change urself 4 any1. as u say its the fina exam dt matters so jst try 2 relax although its very annoying 2 av a teacher like dt. bt it like destiny u cnt change dt. jst try 2 b friendly all the time nd ask loads of questions u thought bwt be4... dt shows her u r interested in tiz subject nd shell think more positive bwt u and ur behaviour.
if she duznt reply in any way 2 ur friendlyness u rele shd corner her next time nd ask wat u shd improve 2 make her more happy wiv u
ich hoff, des hast du alles verstanden... is halt walisische abkuerzungsweise lol :wink:
Reply 4
^^ Hmm, walisische Abkürzungen in Ehren, aber es wäre trotz allem sehr hilfreich wenn du normal schreibst. Es macht das ganze doch deutlich lesbarer...:rolleyes:
Schniiienchen
hey,
darf ich erst mal fragen, wo du herkommst? :wink: ich aus münchen

wateva... i wd try 2 b urself, u cnt change urself 4 any1. as u say its the fina exam dt matters so jst try 2 relax although its very annoying 2 av a teacher like dt. bt it like destiny u cnt change dt. jst try 2 b friendly all the time nd ask loads of questions u thought bwt be4... dt shows her u r interested in tiz subject nd shell think more positive bwt u and ur behaviour.
if she duznt reply in any way 2 ur friendlyness u rele shd corner her next time nd ask wat u shd improve 2 make her more happy wiv u
ich hoff, des hast du alles verstanden... is halt walisische abkuerzungsweise lol :wink:

Mein Gott, das ist aber kein Englisch, es ist mir kaum gelungen das zu lesen. :p:
hobnob
^^ Hmm, walisische Abkürzungen in Ehren, aber es wäre trotz allem sehr hilfreich wenn du normal schreibst. Es macht das ganze doch deutlich lesbarer...:rolleyes:

Do I dare correct hobnob to "schriebest"? :ninja:

...:p:
heyya guys thank you all so much for your help especially schnieeee and i understood you perfectly well..im lookin for another german buddy lol:smile:German is my life i love it so much.. Viele GruBe Carole :biggrin:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
*Feels lost amongst all the German she can't understand* :frown: Ahem! Anyway, I'm really sorry you're still having this problem, but unfortunately there's not an awful lot you can do about it. You could do as generalebriety suggested and make a formal complaint, but to be honest, it probably wouldn't achieve anything and it would make her even more hostile to you if she found out. Just carry on doing your best; doing all your homework on time, participating in lessons and so on. That's all you can do. At the end of the day, you'll be the one sitting the exams, so she can't affect your grade unless you let her. At least you've got other teachers in the department you get on well with who can help you if you need it, and on the bright side, you have excellent predictions and good uni offers. You could also just come right out and ask her what her problem is though, as long as you do it calmly and politely; you never know, it might embarrass her into being nicer to you. Feel free to PM/email me if you ever need any help with French or just want to talk :smile:
Oh, I understood, it just took me 5 times as long as reading correctly formed English would have done. And hurt my eyes. :p:
Reply 10
generalebriety
Do I dare correct hobnob to "schriebest"? :ninja:

...:p:

In German, conditional clauses don't work quite the same way they do in English, so you actually can use the simple present here.:wink: But yes, "schreiben würdest" would work as well - "schriebst" (let alone "schriebest") would seem a bit odd to most people, though, as it's not a very commonly used form anymore.
hobnob
In German, conditional clauses don't work quite the same way they do in English, so you actually can use the simple present here.:wink: But yes, "schreiben würdest" would work as well - "schriebst" (let alone "schriebest") would seem a bit odd to most people, though, as it's not a very commonly used form anymore.

I know, that's why I said it. :p: You don't have to take my sarcasm as a misunderstanding, you know. :p: Wenn das dir hülfe, ginge ich gerne weg... :frown: :p:

I'm sorry, I just find Konjunktiv II an amusing verb form. :p:
generalebriety
Oh, I understood, it just took me 5 times as long as reading correctly formed English would have done. And hurt my eyes. :p:

oh, i am rele rele soz 4 dt bt im jst used 2 this kinda language... at the beginnin of year 12 in wales i felt completely lost wiv all those weird words. IM soz... no 'sorry' .... :wink: 4 dt...

prinzessin1988: heyya guys thank you all so much for your help especially schnieeee and i understood you perfectly well..im lookin for another german buddy lolGerman is my life i love it so much.. Viele GruBe Carole xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

yeh i always thought there were only bwt 5 germans here :wink: so its nice 2 get u 2 no dt way :smile: nd its rele greeeet dt u understood everyfin... its so hard 4 me 2 write in normal english. but i can try now.
Reply 13
I'm afraid <looks sheepish> that I didn't get all the German either - I just do French and Spanish but I have had a similar problem with my French teacher. Luckily I have 2 but she was always lovely to me and then one day she just said she'd been really busy and so she'd given my work to the other French teacher. But since then she has been giving all my work to the other French teacher while she marks everyone elses and surely it can't just be she doesn't have time for. Then she stopped asking me anything in lessons and stopped answering my questions. Anyway, so I actually asked if I could talk to her about it all and she was very nice about it. She said she thought I liked the other teacher better because I did better in the essays she set me and she apologised because she said she didn't realise that she'd been doing all those things, it just sort of happened....although I'm not sure how true that can be and it was a pretty childish thing to do even if it was true but the point is she didn't jump down my throat and have me expelled for talking to her. I think the best thing you can do is ask her what's up beause if she really does hate you, you have nothing to lose but probably she'll be interested to hear your take on the situation and won't have realised. At least, you'll know where you stand. Bonne chance!
hunibuni
I'm afraid <looks sheepish> that I didn't get all the German either - I just do French and Spanish but I have had a similar problem with my French teacher. Luckily I have 2 but she was always lovely to me and then one day she just said she'd been really busy and so she'd given my work to the other French teacher. But since then she has been giving all my work to the other French teacher while she marks everyone elses and surely it can't just be she doesn't have time for. Then she stopped asking me anything in lessons and stopped answering my questions. Anyway, so I actually asked if I could talk to her about it all and she was very nice about it. She said she thought I liked the other teacher better because I did better in the essays she set me and she apologised because she said she didn't realise that she'd been doing all those things, it just sort of happened....although I'm not sure how true that can be and it was a pretty childish thing to do even if it was true but the point is she didn't jump down my throat and have me expelled for talking to her. I think the best thing you can do is ask her what's up beause if she really does hate you, you have nothing to lose but probably she'll be interested to hear your take on the situation and won't have realised. At least, you'll know where you stand. Bonne chance!

Good post. :smile: I suppose it's actually difficult to remember that teachers are people too sometimes. It could well be a case of the same - maybe the teacher's offended because you (prinzessin1988) seem to be favouritist towards the other teachers, which in a sense you are - it just depends on which came first. And if you both think you were hard done to first, well, there's some talking to be done. :smile:
Reply 15
Schniiienchen
oh, i am rele rele soz 4 dt bt im jst used 2 this kinda language... at the beginnin of year 12 in wales i felt completely lost wiv all those weird words. IM soz... no 'sorry' .... :wink: 4 dt...

:rolleyes:
Look, I'm sorry to be so anal about this, but it's actually against the forum rules - scroll down to item 4 on the general rules list: "no txt spk". No matter how "natural" it may feel to you, it's simply a pain to read for others, so do try to be a bit more considerate. Not everyone on here is a teenager, you know. Besides, there's no way you'll convince anyone that common words like "really", "sorry", "for", "that", "but", "to" or "with", all of which are extremely basic English vocabulary are "weird" in any way. You are capable of spelling them out, it's just that you're apparently too lazy to do so.
i am sorry ok?
i never write like this in any forums, just in essay or other stuff like that :wink:
so forgive me please...
Reply 17
alrite i 4giv u...:wink:
OMG I THINK YOU MIGHT HAVE CRACKED THE PROBLEM GUYS!!! Im not joking.. maybe it does seem that way to her
shes started again and al my other french assistant and teachers think shes severely marked down my coursework.. and my oral came back my resit result and she just said DONT WORRY.. like she didnt worry or HAD DONE SOMETHING with the tape.. coz its sounded guilty!! and harsh!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending