The Student Room Group

BTEC Science HELP

Hello everyone thats reading this hope your day was peaceful :tongue:
Well I'm kinda new to this don't know why hehe...
But I'm kinda lost here and I would appreciate it alot if you could help me with a helpful advice or even anything!
Long story short, I'm studying BTEC Science Level 3 year 2 I have C in maths and retaking my English this year. Now the problem is that I want to do pharmacy but I don't think I can get in with just BTEC even if i get DDD which is unfair to be quite honest but anyways...
Can you suggest some good courses to do with BTEC science and you think they can be excepted by universities with btec qualification? Any links advices suggestions are more than enough help for me:h:
ThankYou so much if you tend to read my thread and help me with this❤
This is a list I found from Nottingham university listing btec grade requiements for the courses which accept them. Good luck http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ugstudy/applying/access-btec-entryrequirements.aspx
Original post by Neen96
Hello everyone thats reading this hope your day was peaceful :tongue:
Well I'm kinda new to this don't know why hehe...
But I'm kinda lost here and I would appreciate it alot if you could help me with a helpful advice or even anything!
Long story short, I'm studying BTEC Science Level 3 year 2 I have C in maths and retaking my English this year. Now the problem is that I want to do pharmacy but I don't think I can get in with just BTEC even if i get DDD which is unfair to be quite honest but anyways...
Can you suggest some good courses to do with BTEC science and you think they can be excepted by universities with btec qualification? Any links advices suggestions are more than enough help for me:h:
ThankYou so much if you tend to read my thread and help me with this❤

You will need to do a chemisty as level of greenwhich uni for pharmacy or do pharmacolgy and transfer after a year many people in Kingston uni do that! And also I was reading about a btec pharmacy if I find the link I'll post it! I know since I also wanted to do pharmacy but couldn't cause of the alevel!
Reply 3
Original post by nighttowl96
You will need to do a chemisty as level of greenwhich uni for pharmacy or do pharmacolgy and transfer after a year many people in Kingston uni do that! And also I was reading about a btec pharmacy if I find the link I'll post it! I know since I also wanted to do pharmacy but couldn't cause of the alevel!

I knoww its kinda not fair to be honest because technically btecs are better than a levels since you get to experience science itself and one more thing im not allowed to move out :frown: its okay if its an hour far and thats kinda the problem but thankyouu so much for help! Much appreciated XD
Original post by Neen96
I knoww its kinda not fair to be honest because technically btecs are better than a levels since you get to experience science itself and one more thing im not allowed to move out :frown: its okay if its an hour far and thats kinda the problem but thankyouu so much for help! Much appreciated XD

Hey where do you live! I live in the east London area and I'm going Westminster? If you go Greenwich by train it'll be a lot quicker! You know what I'd do if I where Yousuf you really what to do mpharm! Is apply for pharmacolgy to unis near you and most to pharmacolgy try get the top marks of the class, then apply for pharmacy you may get accepted or you could do the full pharmcolgy and apply later but that's quite long!
My parents are the same too loooool no living in uni and blah blah
Original post by Neen96

"Technically BTEC's are better than A-levels" ... Hell no. BTEC's are a walk in the park compared to A-levels - pharmacy is a tough degree and I'd hope people who are handling and creating new drugs would be knowledgeable in science at the highest level, aka doing A-levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Either way if someone does very well on the mpharm degree, and one person does btec the other a levels with the same results then it's fine!
You can't do MPHARM if you don't have one Chem a level! So the unis know best!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending