The Student Room Group

How do Russell Group unis feel about re-sits?

Hey, in my AS results I got an A in English language and maths, a C in history and general studies and an E in chemistry. In year 11 I took AS drama and got a C. I'm dropping chemistry this year but it's bad so should I still put it on my application? I'm thinking I should put the drama instead. I really want to study history at a Russell Group uni, I only need to re-sit one unit to be able to get an A next year but I'm worried incase they won't look at my application because of having a C this year. Should I still focus on history or should I think about another topic? Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by megb53
Hey, in my AS results I got an A in English language and maths, a C in history and general studies and an E in chemistry. In year 11 I took AS drama and got a C. I'm dropping chemistry this year but it's bad so should I still put it on my application? I'm thinking I should put the drama instead. I really want to study history at a Russell Group uni, I only need to re-sit one unit to be able to get an A next year but I'm worried incase they won't look at my application because of having a C this year. Should I still focus on history or should I think about another topic? Thanks :smile:

You need to declare all of your results on your Ucas application, so you will need to include your Chemistry result as well as your Drama.
It's well worth resitting a unit to up your grade in History. I retook two as units this year, one in History and one in Politics. I applied for A,A,A courses with as levels at a,b,c (and an a in a subject I then dropped) and got offers from Durham, York, Nottingham, Bath and Newcastle. I now have a place at Durham for October.
Good luck. If History is what you really want to do, work hard this year and go for it!
Reply 2
Ok thank you! At least now I know they won't be put off and I still have a chance. Good luck at Durham! :smile:
Original post by fw1
You need to declare all of your results on your Ucas application, so you will need to include your Chemistry result as well as your Drama.
It's well worth resitting a unit to up your grade in History. I retook two as units this year, one in History and one in Politics. I applied for A,A,A courses with as levels at a,b,c (and an a in a subject I then dropped) and got offers from Durham, York, Nottingham, Bath and Newcastle. I now have a place at Durham for October.
Good luck. If History is what you really want to do, work hard this year and go for it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending