The Student Room Group

how to gain confidence back to meet new girls? get the girl I like?

I want to regain my confidence to talk to girls. I would say that I'm a pretty attractive guy because a lot times girls come up to me and make the first move. Or I don't actually say a word to have sex with or do whatever with them(not bragging, giving some background info). I can talk with any girl I know but I can't approach them if they are strangers and I want to flirt/pull them. I used to not care but as I got older I want to go up to them but I'm just to scared to do so.

PS. Its this girl I like and I'm pretty sure she likes me as well but I'm to wimpy to make a move. I don't flirt with her when I see her, so I don't want to be that guy that only flirts over text. I don't see her that much and I want to make things happen, so should I text her even though I don't flirt with in person ( I talk to her but more in a friend to friend type way).

Sign she likes me: bump into me when walking toward me, sqeeze next to me on a couch when its more room else where, walk directly infront of me and shake her a**( in a night club). Are these signs?
Just be in social settings more often
tbh if u have to post this thread ur already insecure with urself and not as good looking as u say. whereas a person as i would stroll up to gal and jacklift her up and take her away.
Reply 3
Original post by longbickstyle
tbh if u have to post this thread ur already insecure with urself and not as good looking as u say. whereas a person as i would stroll up to gal and jacklift her up and take her away.

Lol....obviously I'm a bit insecure, but if your so good with that ladies you wouldn't have to brag about it. Nice troll attempt 3/10
Just stop over analyzing and screw the signs. You make it sound girls are aliens lol

Humans are sociable creatures so just go talk to her and have a human conversation with her whilst behaving humanly :/
You're better off trying to learn theoretical physics whilst swimming up the river Nile with 45lb dumbbells tied to your balls using Katie Hopkins Queef as an air supply instead of trying to understand how girls/women work mate, seriously lol I can't say I'm a stranger to your position, but you'll hit this point where you're sick of looking back and thinking 'what if' and instead start thinking: 'why not?' and before you know it..BOOM you're back on the market! It's also important for you to understand why it is that your confidence levels dropped... why's are sometimes more important than the what's, if that makes sense? If you find the roots, you can kill the weed kind of thing.

I think social setting is important too, It's more difficult to flirt with a girl at a cemetery on the day of the dead than at a party or a wedding or something? The more comfortable you feel in the surroundings, the more comfortable you feel with yourself, and so the more comfortable and obliged you feel to speak to a girl. It's incredibly cliché, but you've got to have this 'can do' attitude, like the only bad opportunity was the one you didn't take! But also bare in mind that in order to look attractive to someone else (not just physically, but regarding the way you think/feel about yourself), you've got to be attractive to yourself (again, not necessarily in a physical manner), girls love a confident guy, that's as good as guaranteed for the most part! So even if it means you have to go and hit 45 push ups to get a chest pump, blast some 'eye of the tiger,' or knock back a couple of shots, confidence is key! in the words of Kai Greene: "mind is everything... if you don't believe that you can do something then you can't. It's like you have to save your own life... nobody's gonna be your saviour for you" (maybe minus the saving the life part but the point still stands lol). So to sum up that waffling (and add some extras); be selective about potential places to talk to a girl, be confident in yourself (I know it sounds stupid and obvious but nobody else can get that girl for you, nobody but yourself, and it would be a shame if someone else were to beat you to it right?), be polite - do NOT go straight for the poontang, stay relaxed - forget about any past experiences that may be knocking your confidence - perhaps with an ex? (this was my biggest hurdle), do NOT be disheartened if it doesn't all go to plan - knocked down 7 times? well get up 8! Also, be interesting - it sounds so stupid, but talk about different things (depending on the situation, obviously don't bleet on about the syrian civil war in the middle of a club, keep the topic setting-related/orientated). For example: in the library and a girl is studying the same course, talk about it! Or perhaps they're doing a particular sport, and you do it too, talk about it! music, the gym, books, art, news, literally anything in common would help! If you don't know the girl at all, strike up some small talk (weather at that moment, the music playing at the club, a news story that just came on the tele at your local pub, , something like that) be inventive but not too abstract, you want a topic that you can use as a springboard for a more developed conversation. And most of all... be yourself... everybody else is all ready taken, and a girl will like you for who you are, not for who you pretend to be!

And about this specific girl, if you want to make things happen... go and make 'em happen! good things come to those who work for them, nothings gonna happen if you just sit around and hope that one day she wakes up madly in love with you like she took that love potion from one of the shrek movies haha Text her sure, but text like you'd talk, don't say anything over text that you wouldn't say in person, be consistent with who you are, I can't stress it enough matey. You're complicating things when you say that you like her but that you wouldn't really flirt in person, it's like doing four 3-point turns successively instead of just driving straight. If she's giving off what you perceive to be signals: acknowledge, reciprocate, and escalate! Take the lead, be bold, be 'macho,', be yourself! The only person stopping you, is you!

Sorry it's a little more waffle than Great British Bake Off standard, but I hope it helped! Any problems, PM me!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending