The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Angel Lane 2015

Hi! How many people have received an accommodation offer for Angel Lane? Will it be too far from Strand?
Hello everyone.

Is there any of you going to join an insurance scheme to cover your laptop or camera? I'm considering to join one since mine is an Alienware.

Can't wait to see you all in Angel Lane.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Well I'm going to Stratford One and it's really close to Angel Lane ! And they say in the website that it's 19min by subway away from Strand so not that far :wink:
I have an offer there. Is it a safe place?!?
Original post by Awillcox1995
I have an offer there. Is it a safe place?!?

Seems to be! But I guess only a Londoner could confirm that?
Original post by GooIris
Well I'm going to Stratford One and it's really close to Angel Lane ! And they say in the website that it's 19min by subway away from Strand so not that far :wink:

Thanks! Because it looked pretty far on Google Maps! :frown:
Original post by alistair0505
Hello everyone.

Is there any of you going to join an insurance scheme to cover your laptop or camera? I'm considering to join one since mine is an Alienware.

Can't wait to see you all in Angel Lane.

Doesn't the fee include an insurance for all personal belongings??
Original post by StarsandPetals
Doesn't the fee include an insurance for all personal belongings??

Really?

I know this would hardly happen. In case my laptop is left unattended in my room and gets stolen, how much compensation will I get?
Really?

I know this would hardly happen. In case my laptop is left unattended in my room and gets stolen, how much compensation will I get?

They said they cover the costs 'to a certain extent' :s-smilie: But you do have the option to increase your insurance amount!
I want to save as much as I can, actually. Or do I worry too much?

Are you going to join an extra insurance scheme, StarsandPetals?
I want to save as much as I can, actually. Or do I worry too much?

Are you going to join an extra insurance scheme, StarsandPetals?

Yup me too! I wanna save too, so I don't think I will do that! I think as long as we consciously make an effort to keep our stuff safely locked away when we aren't around there won't be a problem! :smile:
Thumbs up. Good to hear!!
Reply 12
Original post by StarsandPetals
Thanks! Because it looked pretty far on Google Maps! :frown:

No don't trust Google Maps ahah I know the area well and I can assure you that we're not that far from Strand :u:
Reply 13
its safe you need a card to get in the halls so there won't be random people coming in but when i went to ask if someone stole something from your room would you get compensated the manager said that if someone got in it would be because you left the door open so it would be your fault..so I'd recommend get it insured! See you guys in September!
Got an offer for angel lane. It's waaaay too far from strand campus so I'm not going to be accepting it and going on the waiting list. I'll find private accommodation closer to the campus, or take the place of someone who's changed their mind (there's always people like that). Better to get on the waiting list early than late, but if you've read all you can about angel lane and like it and don't mind the downsides then accept the offer and I wish you luck :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Damage Control
Got an offer for angel lane. It's waaaay too far from strand campus so I'm not going to be accepting it and going on the waiting list. I'll find private accommodation closer to the campus, or take the place of someone who's changed their mind (there's always people like that). Better to get on the waiting list early than late, but if you've read all you can about angel lane and like it and don't mind the downsides then accept the offer and I wish you luck :smile:

Hi Damage Control, may I know which waiting list are you referring to? The UoL one, or?

Quick Reply

Latest