The Student Room Group

Virginia reporter and cameraman killed on live TV.

So sad.
Do you think the US will ever consider stricter gun control laws?

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/aug/26/virginia-gunman-kills-reporter-cameraman?CMP=twt_gu
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

disgusting, they have to get tighter gun laws, fact that nearly anyone can get one is stupid.
Original post by angelfox
disgusting, they have to get tighter gun laws, fact that nearly anyone can get one is stupid.

Just like the UK then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Disgusting.
Same issue coming up again and again and I'm bored of it.

Gun laws won't change which is just the saddest thing
Reply 5
Just saw the footage and it's shocking, how on earth their colleagues at the station carried on after that I have no idea, so sad, America is such a messed up country :frown:
Reply 6
This makes me physically sick actually. So messed up.
Hard to know if they knew what actually happened back in the studio.
Reply 7
The woman back in the studio was visibly shocked obviously, but didn't seem certain what had actually happened initially.

Suspect is apparently being chased by police right now.
Original post by Mrs House
Same issue coming up again and again and I'm bored of it.

Gun laws won't change which is just the saddest thing

But the reporter was pretty and white. That's got to count for something, hasn't it?
Guns don't kill. People do.
Original post by The Dictator

But it's painfully obvious that guns make it a hell of a lot easier.

I don't think anyone sane would suggest that Americans are more homicidal by nature, so clearly there's something else going on.
Apparently the suspect is a 'disgruntled former employee'. In Britain a disgruntled employee puts a bogey in the office milk, they don't shoot up the whole fecking workplace
May their souls RIP.
Hold on, I thought they would be safer there because anyone could buy guns?

That's it, give every news reporter a bigger gun!
Oh say can you seeeeee...........

Here's the video! Warning! Very disturbing!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pAH6SACn9lE

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
So sad.
Do you think the US will ever consider stricter gun control laws?

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/aug/26/virginia-gunman-kills-reporter-cameraman?CMP=twt_gu

would you have preferred it if the man used a knife or a machete instead? if a person really wants to harm another, they would use what ever weapon/object they can get their hands on. we have one of the highest knife crimes in the UK, but you don't see us passing a law to confiscate everyone's knives...

it's sad that this has happened, but I dont think a gun law will ever work in the US... there are already way too many guns distributed in the US... you also have to take into account guns being sold in the black market... passing a gun law to confiscate everyone's guns will just disarm good people who are not looking to harm anyone and leaving all the thugs/bad people with the guns...
Original post by Bustamove
would you have preferred it if the man used a knife or a machete instead? if a person really wants to harm another, they would use what ever weapon/object they can get their hands on. we have one of the highest knife crimes in the UK, but you don't see us passing a law to confiscate everyone's knives...

At least you have a chance to outrun a maniac with a knife; it's pretty difficult to outrun a bullet. Sure you can't stop murder, but you can certainly make it more difficult for people...
Original post by The Dictator

Ikr. Nazism didn't kill Jews. Nazis did.

*sarcasm*
Such a shame that this tragedy is already being treated as just another data point in debates over gun control.
Original post by Bustamove

it's sad that this has happened, but I dont think a gun law will ever work in the US... there are already way too many guns distributed in the US... you also have to take into account guns being sold in the black market... passing a gun law to confiscate everyone's guns will just disarm good people who are not looking to harm anyone and leaving all the thugs/bad people with the guns...

Yes I think everyone would prefer that. Due to the fact one lone nutjob with a knife is easier to deal with than a lone nutjob with a gun. Wouldn't you agree?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending