The Student Room Group

Low student finance

Hello!So I logged onto my student finance today to find my application has been approved and payments scheduled. When I went to see my entitlement it was a lot less than I thought it would have been.I am getting 3,731 which doesn't even cover my cost of accommodation for the year. Is this all I'm getting ?I have got a theory though, I only sent my parents paperwork for their earnings off two days ago so would they update my entitlement once they've received this?
Yes they've given you the none means tested loan and it will change once they process your parents income.

Why have you left It so late it you don't mind me asking? It can take them up to 6 weeks to process it so your first payment may end up with you getting the lower amount

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Jackieox
Yes they've given you the none means tested loan and it will change once they process your parents income.

Why have you left It so late it you don't mind me asking? It can take them up to 6 weeks to process it so your first payment may end up with you getting the lower amount

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay thanks :smile:

And k left it late as I went through clearing and had to change my application :smile:
Original post by Jayvp
Okay thanks :smile:

And k left it late as I went through clearing and had to change my application :smile:

If your loan is still too low, look into the grants and scholarships your new university offers. In fact, do it regardless.
Reply 4
Hopefully it will be more once I'm means tested. I've had a look at grants and scholarships but nothing available for me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest