The Student Room Group

Higher Maths CfE 2015-2016

Scroll to see replies

Maths exam isn't far now! Has anyone attempted last years past paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alana_p

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did try it but really struggled with paper 2 but then my teacher went over it and it wasn't as bad as I first thought!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 462
Original post by alana_p

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah got like 67%, and I didn't attempt any of the vector questions because I hadn't covered them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 463
Might sound daft but I'm trying to improve my grade in higher maths - achieved a C last year. What happens if I fail this year. Does my C still stand. Going through a bad phase with my revision
Reply 464
Original post by ASugar
Might sound daft but I'm trying to improve my grade in higher maths - achieved a C last year. What happens if I fail this year. Does my C still stand. Going through a bad phase with my revision

Yeah you still have a C, but I'm sure you won't fail, that exam was difficult so it might be a bit easier this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 465
Thanks - I need to focus. Good luck with whatever you are doing.
Reply 466
I need help with this specimen question paper for finding the area of the curve.. I looked at the marking scheme and they had different limits from me so idk what I must be doing wrong so any help will be appreciated.

http://prntscr.com/ayp9ob
Original post by xdabex
I need help with this specimen question paper for finding the area of the curve.. I looked at the marking scheme and they had different limits from me so idk what I must be doing wrong so any help will be appreciated.

http://prntscr.com/ayp9ob

Integrate between 2pi/3 and 0. Then integrate the other curve between pi/4 and o. Subtract the first answer from the second = shaded area.

You cannot do upper-lower here as the lines don't exactly meet.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 468
I'm excited for this years maths exam.

Then again when I come out of the exam hall I'll probably think I've not done as well as I could have HahH

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qasim-98
I'm excited for this years maths exam.

Then again when I come out of the exam hall I'll probably think I've not done as well as I could have HahH

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too! I love maths! But I will still feel like I have done bad. I guess that normal though when you come out and everyone is taking about what they put for a certain question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by molly221
Me too! I love maths! But I will still feel like I have done bad. I guess that normal though when you come out and everyone is taking about what they put for a certain question

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am worried now.

Do you guys genuinely think it will be hard this year? Because our teacher told us that the SQA has stressed to schools that they MUST be able to do last years paper so are we going to have similar questions etc!?!?!?
Reply 471
Original post by Jeff548
I am worried now.

Do you guys genuinely think it will be hard this year? Because our teacher told us that the SQA has stressed to schools that they MUST be able to do last years paper so are we going to have similar questions etc!?!?!?

There definitely will be questions like the frog and toad and crocodile ones. I'm expecting it, but it won't be as hard if you know what I mean. But I do expect to read a few questions and be like wtf.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is making me sooooo scared and nervous that I will be revising the wrong thing they cant put in questions that are impssible to do in the way they word the questions. Sooooo nervous :frown:
Reply 473
Reply 474

What do you keep saying that lol?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahahahahaha you keep making my day!

You troller :smile: hahaha
There definitely will be questions like the frog and toad and crocodile ones. I'm expecting it, but it won't be as hard if you know what I mean. But I do expect to read a few questions and be like wtf.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah definitely.

I think paper 1 will be reasonable with paper 2 being more problem solving. Hopefully that's good because I prefer paper 2 so if I feel paper 1 went well, then that's just a bonus tbh
Reply 477
Original post by Yammy
What do you keep saying that lol?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because it's the answer to life

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I remember hearing about some weird animal questions last year. Were they really as difficult as people made out, or were people moaning because they had to solve a problem instead of just using a standard solution method?
Reply 479
Because it's the answer to life

Posted from TSR Mobile

But 2/0 does not equal 42

Quick Reply