The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

What is the atmosphere like in John Phillips hall?

Heard it was quiet/boring...
Reply 1
It used to be the International/Postgraduate hall but I heard that that was changing. So it used to be quiet but it may not be, now. Besides if it is too quiet for you make some friends in Royce across the road (or any others, they're mostly within a couple of minutes from you) and get to know them ^_^
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
LSUFever, when did you hear that it was changing from an International/Postgraduate hall?
Reply 3
Original post by sodon
LSUFever, when did you hear that it was changing from an International/Postgraduate hall?

To be honest, I'm unsure. I have heard conflicting information on the subject. Even the Union and University sites now don't agree on whether or not it's entirely postgraduate. The Union website says that it is entirely postgraduate. The University website, however, says Undergraduate as well.

If you want to find out for certain, your best bet is to contact the Student Accommodation Centre as they assign people rooms and should have the latest criteria to hand.
Reply 4
hey guys, LSUfever is right, it is changing because I was given accommodation there. Basically it was originally a postgraduate accommodation however they opened up a block for 60-80 undergraduates who will be staying there but will be affiliated with Rigg-Rut.
Reply 5
Original post by ceequ3
hey guys, LSUfever is right, it is changing because I was given accommodation there. Basically it was originally a postgraduate accommodation however they opened up a block for 60-80 undergraduates who will be staying there but will be affiliated with Rigg-Rut.

Thanks Ceequ3, I was finding it difficult to find more information on that ^_^
Reply 6
Original post by LSUFever
Thanks Ceequ3, I was finding it difficult to find more information on that ^_^

Aw that's alright :smile:)
Reply 7
Oh. That was the entire reason I chose John Phillips as it was suppose to be a postgrad hall. You think they would have informed us. 😞 do you know if the undergrads will be intergrated with the postgrads or will they both be kept separate?
Reply 8
Original post by sodon
Oh. That was the entire reason I chose John Phillips as it was suppose to be a postgrad hall. You think they would have informed us. 😞 do you know if the undergrads will be intergrated with the postgrads or will they both be kept separate?

Ceequ3's information makes it sounds as though undergraduates will be housed with other undergraduates. Furthermore it sounds as though their Fresher activities will be done with Rigg-Rutt rather than as John Phillips. I can't promise anything but from that information you should not be too affected by undergraduates in halls. Partying postgrads, on the other hand ;P
Reply 9
Yeah, fingers crossed. I don't mind the partying postgrad. I plan on being one of them
Original post by sodon

Hi sodon

Undergraduates are only housed in one block (Block A) of John Philips and are kept separate from postgrad.
They are also affiliated with Hazlerigg-Rutland Hall so will take part in that halls social events.
Info here under the Occupancy & Costs tab http://www.lboro.ac.uk/services/campus-living/accommodation/halls/johnphillips/

Vicky
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending