The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Freshers

Should I actually buy Freshers' tickets (e.g. Icebreaker, wristbands), or just wait until I get to uni and see what's on? Like, what if I buy a certain ticket and the people on my course/in my halls haven't got the same one, or vice versa? Feels a bit stupid to be buying a ticket for party that I don't have anyone to go with yet. Anyone else considering just not buying any tickets and showing up at Freshers to meet people/see what's happening? x
Original post by NamrataG
Should I actually buy Freshers' tickets (e.g. Icebreaker, wristbands), or just wait until I get to uni and see what's on? Like, what if I buy a certain ticket and the people on my course/in my halls haven't got the same one, or vice versa? Feels a bit stupid to be buying a ticket for party that I don't have anyone to go with yet. Anyone else considering just not buying any tickets and showing up at Freshers to meet people/see what's happening? x

When it was my first Freshers week at UCL I just bought tickets to a couple of things I was interested in, and it luckily happened that some people in my halls had bought the same tickets, so we all went together. One night there were two events on - one was Icebreaker, and the other was a UCL Fiesta - so there was a bit of a split in terms of who had bought tickets for what event, but there were still people who ended up going to the same things as I was.

From memory some people were able to buy tickets later on, more last minute, but most events did eventually sell out, or they at least started raising the ticket price the closer the event got. So, while you're probably fine holding out for a bit to see what everyone else is going to, be aware that some places might try to charge a bit more the later it gets.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by leannesagoodman
When it was my first Freshers week at UCL I just bought tickets to a couple of things I was interested in, and it luckily happened that some people in my halls had bought the same tickets, so we all went together. One night there were two events on - one was Icebreaker, and the other was a UCL Fiesta - so there was a bit of a split in terms of who had bought tickets for what event, but there were still people who ended up going to the same things as I was.

From memory some people were able to buy tickets later on, more last minute, but most events did eventually sell out, or they at least started raising the ticket price the closer the event got. So, while you're probably fine holding out for a bit to see what everyone else is going to, be aware that some places might try to charge a bit more the later it gets.

thanks so much! x
Reply 3
are UCL freshers also the same as UoL freshers?

Like can people studying at Goldsmiths or Birkbeck attend freshers events also? or are the events divided by university?
Reply 4
Original post by tealites
are UCL freshers also the same as UoL freshers?

Like can people studying at Goldsmiths or Birkbeck attend freshers events also? or are the events divided by university?

I think there are UCL freshers events run by UCLU, but there are also London wide university events.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending